Sorc PvE Relic question

Crabsy

Hey all so I actually had a couple questions about some relics for Sorcerer Lightning DPS in PvE.

At the moment I have 3 options:

Underworld Relic of Serendipitous Assault - 30% Chance to proc 550 Power for 6 sec (only once every 20 seconds)

Arkanian Relic of Boundless Ages - Increase Power by 395 on use (ever 2 minutes)

Arkanian Relic of Focused Retribution - 30% Chance to proc 95 of primary stat for 12 seconds (only once every 40 seconds)

Right now I am using Serendipitous Assault and Boundless Ages. After completing the Dread Fortress last night I picked up Focused Retribution and it has me wondering. What would grant more dps over a period of time, Focused Retribution or Boundless Ages? I am wondering what people would choose out of these 3 relics to use at any given time.

Also a side question, does anyone know any good Sorc gearing guides, feel a tad lost with the new raids in 2.4

Thanks for any replies! :)

• 5 weeks later...

really quickly, since I'm diggin up an old thread I will answer the OP's question with a link to a gearing guide:

Lightning

Madness

now on to new business with an old topic...

I just found this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=648556 which leads me to believe My Underworld SA relic would be best paired up with a brand new DF Main Stat relic.

Does anyone have this combination already? Are there any proc issues I should be aware of before blwoing my 78 relic token?

Edited by LeenPonyD

I just found this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=648556 which leads me to believe My Underworld SA relic would be best paired up with a brand new DF Main Stat relic.

Does anyone have this combination already? Are there any proc issues I should be aware of before blwoing my 78 relic token?

Both relics work well together.

Only issue with main stat relic is, that it's only good in it's current bugged state. If they decide to fix it, then you've wasted your token on a crap relic.

Only safe to choose relic currently is Boundless Ages.