Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Quests need to recognize port skill instead of just ship travel

Elyx

It may sound odd...but after leveling multiple toons through all the story lines in the game, one of the biggest frustrations I have with them all is the required travel time in each story-line. I've gotten used to it though...but one thing that still bugs me is the quests all STILL require you to go to your ship, travel back to your home world (or wherever) manually, run through the space ports...etc etc. in a game that provides (at cost mind you) faster porting skills (like port to home world), forcing us to spend an extra hour flying back and forth is simply silly.

The quests need to be able to recognize when you arrive at your home planet or destination regardless of how you got there. For the benefit of new players, the wording on the quest can remain simple. change the quest directions to "travel to coruscant" and in the quest details, you can indicate either use your ship, or a fast port option.

I have port to home-world on many toons, and I rarely use it. 98% of the reason a high level toon will go back to home-world is for class quests...you are killing most the reason to have that porting ability in the first place.

Yeah I agree with this. There have been a number of times were I was unable to continue a quest because I arrived on the quest planet through an alternate means.

For example, one of the consular's companions, Qyzen, had a mission on Tatooine. Instead of me flying there via my ship, I just used my outlaw's den quick travel. Unfortunately, when I arrived on Tatooine, the quest didn't update and it still told me to use my ship to fly to Tatooine. What I had ended up having to do was go back to my ship, leave travel to a different planet and then travel back to Tatooine. Only after I did that did the quest update finally.

The game should be able to recognize your arrival on a planet regardless of how you actually ended up getting there.

Edited by Soul_of_Flames

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.