The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Tournament - Alliance of Worlds vs Krayt's Vision

Beniboybling

Perhaps. Because Palpatine's spot would never go to her...

She did however try take the Grand Vizier down if I remember correctly.

Nor would Krayt's she still had immense respect and loyalty to the idea of an Emperor on top of the Empire and swore a damned oath when Thrawn returned and took over, she never would have betrayed him either and despite their different moralities, she respected and trusted Pallaeon's ability to lead.

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly i was thinking that as well, luckily Pallaeon is as good as it gets on the defence and he often fought out-numbered and turned obvious losses into drawn out sieges or wars of attrition, this is supplemented nicely by the fact that I am sat in the deep core, he'll have a field day defending my worlds.

See here is what you seem to have forgotten Wedge is also much better when he is on the defensive and he was winning (albeit slowly) in a straight up battle against Palleon when Palleon was on the defensive so if you attack me Palleon is not as good on the offensive and Wedge is massively better on the defensive. If I attack you Wedge is slightly better on the offensive then Palleon is on the defensive.

See here is what you seem to have forgotten Wedge is also much better when he is on the defensive and he was winning (albeit slowly) in a straight up battle against Palleon when Palleon was on the defensive so if you attack me Palleon is not as good on the offensive and Wedge is massively better on the defensive. If I attack you Wedge is slightly better on the offensive then Palleon is on the defensive.

I dont agree, that battle had serious circumstances involved, winning was out of the question, he had to play for time and wait for reinforcements, he did not have any advantage at all, he just had to force a steady withdrawal, but not to the degree that they could jsut over-run his position, consider how many battles his forces had just fought before that and you will understand what I mean, I do not believe Wedge is better than Pallaeon when Pallaeon forts up.

Luckily I dont need Pallaeon on the offensive, i have something far better than conventional warfare to use to win this.

I'm not sure how we can talk about strategists and then not bring up Leias battle Meditation...

Also, I flat out don't see Leia dieing to anyone but Krayt.

She was very underestimated last Kaggath.

He raw force potential was speculated to be similar to that of Luke, she showed abilities in force techniques shed never been taught, IE battle Meditation, her holding the Milenium Falcon together through the force, and of course, she was skilled with a Saber.

I'm not sure how we can talk about strategists and then not bring up Leias battle Meditation...

Also, I flat out don't see Leia dieing to anyone but Krayt.

She was very underestimated last Kaggath.

He raw force potential was speculated to be similar to that of Luke, she showed abilities in force techniques shed never been taught, IE battle Meditation, her holding the Milenium Falcon together through the force, and of course, she was skilled with a Saber.

That's 'cause Plo Koon and Obi-Wan are awesome.

Lol, Koon and Kenobi setting up their makeshift intel network. :D

A move the twin Skywalkers will use happily.

From across the Galaxy if need be, their bond is that strong.

Speaking of Force Bonds.... Could that one come into play here?

A move the twin Skywalkers will use happily.

From across the Galaxy if need be, their bond is that strong.

Speaking of Force Bonds.... Could that one come into play here?

If you can come up with a reason why, then I suppose it could.

If you can come up with a reason why, then I suppose it could.

Well, we already know that with force bonds, things like Force Speed, Force Valor etc go both ways. And of course, they can leech power off each other.

What we effectively get here are the two most deadly combatants in the Galaxy, able to share incredible amounts of force energy and use the Abilities each of them know without the need of training.

You pretty much get death on a stick.

Well, we already know that with force bonds, things like Force Speed, Force Valor etc go both ways. And of course, they can leech power off each other.

What we effectively get here are the two most deadly combatants in the Galaxy, able to share incredible amounts of force energy and use the Abilities each of them know without the need of training.

You pretty much get death on a stick.

After that comment, I think you should go home and rethink your life :p

I c whut u ded thar!

Any thoughts on the actual post? :jawa_wink:

Oh right, the post. Well, not really. I mean, a part of me says you're overestimating things (specifically the 'two most deadly combatants' part), but the other part says 'just play KOTOR 2 dork!'

I'm feeling very neutral right now. Not a whole lot for me to argue for or against right now. That, and I'm more focused on The BattleZone.

Oh right, the post. Well, not really. I mean, a part of me says you're overestimating things (specifically the 'two most deadly combatants' part), but the other part says 'just play KOTOR 2 dork!'

I'm feeling very neutral right now. Not a whole lot for me to argue for or against right now. That, and I'm more focused on The BattleZone.

The two most Deadly Combatants I'd solidly stick to... The most powerful? Probably not... But deadly, close to it.

I mean, we're pretty much talking GM luke when you pair these together, just without the teaching. He'll be able to draw on the same near-infinite resevoir he did in the Post-ROTJ stuff...

And of course, they can communicate mentally mid fight, which is always a bonus. Leia could call for help without the one she's fighting knowing, and that off guard attack could be pretty devastating...

The two most Deadly Combatants I'd solidly stick to... The most powerful? Probably not... But deadly, close to it.

I mean, we're pretty much talking GM luke when you pair these together, just without the teaching. He'll be able to draw on the same near-infinite resevoir he did in the Post-ROTJ stuff...

And of course, they can communicate mentally mid fight, which is always a bonus. Leia could call for help without the one she's fighting knowing, and that off guard attack could be pretty devastating...

Technically this wouldn't matter against Krayt. Anyone else? Obviously, but not against Krayt.

I somehow doubt it is going to be anywhere near that simple, an outright fight is so much messier than.... such simpler and cleaner means of victory..

Your strategy could backfire,

It will draw the AOW out, and whilst Ysanne may find any intruders, if it's a strike team trying to be found you're rather screwed... :p

Your strategy could backfire,

It will draw the AOW out, and whilst Ysanne may find any intruders, if it's a strike team trying to be found you're rather screwed... :p

I am talking about the over-all war, not a singular battle, also Ysanne has more than intelligence in her ace cards, which is why this should be such a fun thing to watch, ah the simplicity of it all.

Oh I'm afraid, the war will be lost when your friends arrive. *smirk*

By what means? no strategist reveals her traps before they need to be sprung.