The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Tournament - Alliance of Worlds vs Krayt's Vision

Beniboybling

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Months? I doubt the Kaggath will last that long. In never has in the past. And we are talking the Deep Core here, there is a reason their are barely any routes. However we should explore how Bane managed to navigate to Tython, I don't believe he used a hyperspace lane.

2. Ain't going to bring down an empire though. And again the Kaggath will last a week or so, we have to remember that regardless of the vastness of resources etc. ultimately each factions goal is to kill the leader of the other. One person. When plans are set in motion these events tend to come to pass fairly rapidly.

1. War has lasted years, this kind of Kaggath can and will last months possibly years.

2. It did bring down an empire its how the rebels won their war. While most of the time killing a single person would be quick these 2 factions will ensure that it will not be quick. The KV are in a really secure position and I haven't brought up how hard it will be for the KV to get to Leia yet because no arguments have been put forth on how to get her.

There's no such thing as a controlled lane, just an interdictored lane :p

And Interdictors can be overcome, if expected....

So you telling me that the Alliance is going to open a hyperspace wormwhole, drop out over Byss and then take the Byss Run to Foerost. Insanity much? The Byss Run doesn't exist outside of the Deep Core, so how are they going to use it. More the question, why the hell would they? The Permelian Trade Run is a perfectly serviceable hyperlane.

Also am i actually allowed to use the fact that my ships were the best of the entire era this time or what? because whilst the Republic-class were powerful, they aren't beating Pallaeons which were basically mini-SSDs, the compact speed of a standard Star Destroyer combined with the armor and firepower of the much large and older ships, these are the main ships, they dont have Imperial-class or Victory-class ships, they have the Ardent Fast-frigate, Pallaeon-class Star Destroyer and the Imperious-class Star Destroyer.

Also the Fel Empire and later Krayt's Galactic Empire were far and away better tacticians than the Imperial Remnant were, they had re-established their doctrines and policies but improved them heavily, learning the mistakes of the last wars, etc... which is why the much bigger Star Dreadnoughts and Star Defenders were dropped in the first place, using the far more reliable and far more widespread vessels such as the Pallaeons.

Krayt's naval efficiency is far better than the Empire's ever was and the ships themselves were much much better as well.

Edited by LadyKulvax

1. War has lasted years, this kind of Kaggath can and will last months possibly years.

2. It did bring down an empire its how the rebels won their war. While most of the time killing a single person would be quick these 2 factions will ensure that it will not be quick. The KV are in a really secure position and I haven't brought up how hard it will be for the KV to get to Leia yet because no arguments have been put forth on how to get her.

1. War =/= Kaggath. Look at Kaggath's in actual Star Wars lore. None have lasted long at all. Look at all and every past Kaggath, most lasted a few days, a week. No more than a month.

No way will it take years for one of these guys to kill the other one.

2. The Rebels via the Battle of Endor. And I can assure you the rebels did more than just sabotage their opponents, these create windows of opportunity for follow-up actions, nothing more.

Also am i actually allowed to use the fact that my ships were the best of the entire era this time or what? because whilst the Republic-class were powerful, they aren't beating Pallaeons which were basically mini-SSDs, the compact speed of a standard Star Destroyer combined with the armor and firepower of the much large and older ships, these are my main ships, they dont have Imperial-class or Victory-class ships, they have the Ardent Fast-frigate, Pallaeon-class Star Destroyer and the Imperious-class Star Destroyer.

Also the Fel Empire and later Krayt's Galactic Empire were far and away better tacticians than the Imperial Remnant were, they had re-established their doctrines and policies but improved them heavily, learning the mistakes of the last wars, etc... which is why the much bigger Star Dreadnoughts and Star Defenders were dropped in the first place, using the far more reliable and far more widespread vessels such as the Pallaeons.

Krayt's naval efficiency is far better than the Empire's ever was and the ships themselves were much much better as well.

the Palleon and the Imperious would not be invented for 100 years obviously they are more advanced but they are still the IMp I and Imp II of their day and age if we want to get into a direct comparison of all of our vessels you will quickly find that the ships each of our factions are using preform the exact same role as each other and are mostly the same just a different time period.

So you telling me that the Alliance is going to open a hyperspace wormwhole, drop out over Byss and then take the Byss Run to Foerost. Insanity much? The Byss Run doesn't exist outside of the Deep Core, so how are they going to use it. More the question, why the hell would they? The Permelian Trade Run is a perfectly serviceable hyperlane.

The byss run does not start at byss and end on foerost, there are other planets.

1. War =/= Kaggath. Look at Kaggath's in actual Star Wars lore. None have lasted long at all. Look at all and every past Kaggath, most lasted a few days, a week. No more than a month.

No way will it take years for one of these guys to kill the other one.

2. The Rebels via the Battle of Endor. And I can assure you the rebels did more than just sabotage their opponents, these create windows of opportunity for follow-up actions, nothing more.

2. that's exactly what I am propsing here. the sabotage leads to me being able to push in further. Do you really want me to go into why this will last months? because I can.

Ok you know the Brentaalans are mapping it to begin with once in they can land infiltrators and they can intercept transmitions so on and so forth. I just need 1 to get in to get those Daily remapped routes and send that info to my fleet. that's their whole mission get in, and get those maps and contantly transmit them to my forces using the shotgun transievers meaning they cant be intercepted by my enemy.

OK. So the plan is:

1. Sneak in

2. Send updated map to Alliance forces

3. ???

4. Profit

I'll fill in 3 for you. The fleet finds the hyperspace route that they receive to be obsolete. So the infiltrators send another map, which becomes obsolete. This continues until the fleet finally makes it (remember that hyperspace travel takes days). Thus, you weaken your own space forces, leaving the rest of your ships very much outnumbered and outgunned.

the Palleon and the Imperious would not be invented for 100 years obviously they are more advanced but they are still the IMp I and Imp II of their day and age if we want to get into a direct comparison of all of our vessels you will quickly find that the ships each of our factions are using preform the exact same role as each other and are mostly the same just a different time period.

The role isn't important, the Pallaeon was still more advanced than any other ships of the day which is why the Fel Empire was so successful in re-establishing control over the galaxy, their enemies just couldnt produce ships better designed than the Pallaeons and that is not to mention of course the Imperious which was very very powerful for it's time, the first ship was barely taken and that is because it was left unguarded and under-manned.

Worse: Krayt can build more.

OK. So the plan is:

1. Sneak in

2. Send updated map to Alliance forces

3. ???

4. Profit

I'll fill in 3 for you. The fleet finds the hyperspace route that they receive to be obsolete. So the infiltrators send another map, which becomes obsolete. This continues until the fleet finally makes it (remember that hyperspace travel takes days). Thus, you weaken your own space forces, leaving the rest of your ships very much outnumbered and outgunned.

They will be jumping the moment they receive the updated maps the updated maps will not be obsolete the point is the infiltrators will be there to receive the maps the moment they are updated through either physically being there or through means of transimition interception the moment the KV give the maps to their forces. By the time I will be doing this I plan to have much of the Kv;s ships crippled thus having sending some of my ships isn't going to hurt me.

They will be jumping the moment they receive the updated maps the updated maps will not be obsolete the point is the infiltrators will be there to receive the maps the moment they are updated through either physically being there or through means of transimition interception the moment the KV give the maps to their forces. By the time I will be doing this I plan to have much of the Kv;s ships crippled thus having sending some of my ships isn't going to hurt me.

The fleet will still have to come out of hyperspace to re-plot a new course. This will have to occur at least twice, costing your fleets valuable time.

Also, tell me how you are going to cripple the KV's ships. Your plan leaves your ships outnumbered and outgunned.

The role isn't important, the Pallaeon was still more advanced than any other ships of the day which is why the Fel Empire was so successful in re-establishing control over the galaxy, their enemies just couldnt produce ships better designed than the Pallaeons and that is not to mention of course the Imperious which was very very powerful for it's time, the first ship was barely taken and that is because it was left unguarded and under-manned.

Worse: Krayt can build more.

we both can build more doesn't change anything other then the fact that all of your ship building is at Foerost (you know the only place I can strike as much as I want) and it takes much longer to build then it does to build more republics and again ya they are advanced just like the Nebula was the most advanced star destroyer of its time. just add 130 years and then you go well duh of course its advanced its still technically the Imp II of its day. A direct comparison of our fleets when all tech is universal puts us on an even keel I have already stated this. You have to out produce and be better tactically to gain the upper hand. I have already stated why you can do neither.

The fleet will still have to come out of hyperspace to re-plot a new course. This will have to occur at least twice, costing your fleets valuable time.

Also, tell me how you are going to cripple the KV's ships. Your plan leaves your ships outnumbered and outgunned.

I guess I will go into full details when I get home I am not outgunned as it is right now and I will show you how I will flip it before these plans even go under way when I get home.

2. that's exactly what I am propsing here. the sabotage leads to me being able to push in further. Do you really want me to go into why this will last months? because I can.
Well that is what needs to be elaborated on. And yeah, going into why it will take months will be directly tied in to why you can hold the enemy off and keep your leader safe for such a long time, so be my guest.

But 5 planets does not make for a long campaign.

I guess I will go into full details when I get home I am not outgunned as it is right now and I will show you how I will flip it before these plans even go under way when I get home.

If you decide to split your fleet, heck yeah you're outgunned.

The Fel Empire's Navy is tactically superior to the Galactic Alliance Navy, why? it had learned from every war the Galactic Alliance ever fought and advanced their own abilities in general upon it, you have the distinct advantage of facing admirals, captains, what have you... that are just damn better than your's they are directly superior because they come from a more advanced time of warfare than your's, they are the successors to your navy's own doctrines.

Also you once again think Krayt is going to have his Empire sat in the core, yet you have failed to take into the fact that whilst Wedge and Pallaeon are near equals, the rest of the navies aren't, simple, the Krayt's Vision is over-all better tactically sound than the Alliance of Worlds is.

Also the first of the Imperious class, the mere prototype took on the Outer Rim Third Fleet's whole firepower and still managed to outlast them before it was boarded, that was how advanced a war ship it was.