The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Tournament - Alliance of Worlds vs Krayt's Vision

Beniboybling

Whups I got it wrong actually, Gilad Pallaeon was the Supreme Commander of the Galactic Alliance, the Supreme Commander over everyone else in the Galactic Alliance's military, there were better tacticians than Wedge from the Republic side, such as Nek the Thrawn Simulator beating master tactician, just to give you an idea here.... he was the best of them all, Gilad Pallaeon.

Also Tune calm the hell down, dear lord, if all we were doing was rounding up we all would have said the same, you however have assumed everyone is rounding up, you dont make the rules here.

Ugh... I knew someone would bring it up eventually.

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember to apply the deductions. That's 3 ISDs and 1 Viscount (nope, we aren't going to have quarters :p)

this was talking about me using 3 Viscounts and u using 30 Pellaeon's and he said nope we aren't goig to have quarters clearly rounding .3 viscounts up to 1....

No... the history of the characters says other wise. Just because you are the supreme commander doesn't neccisarrily make you the best. That is a none argument and has nothing to do with how well they actually fought or what they actually did. This is one of those speculative arguments based off titles.

Right..... that is why Grand Admiral Thrawn didn't take over the entire military because was better than everyone else as soon as he returned right? pfft give me a break, also read the quote I edited in, it clearly shows that Han Solo doesnt think they can beat Pallaeon at all when he has the numbers advantage.

I just don't understand how we can round up from 30%.

To understand how to round UP from 30% you have to understand how to round up...... if we are rounding up to the neasest 100 from 10.... its 100.... if we are rounding up from 20... its 100 if from 30, 100 so on and so forth. As I said there is a difference between "rounding" and "Rounding up" or "rounding down" when trying to round you usually figure out whether you round Up or if you round down... when the rule is to Round UP then you don't have to figure it out the number automatically becomes larger.

To understand how to round UP from 30% you have to understand how to round up...... if we are rounding up to the neasest 100 from 10.... its 100.... if we are rounding up from 20... its 100 if from 30, 100 so on and so forth. As I said there is a difference between "rounding" and "Rounding up" or "rounding down" when trying to round you usually figure out whether you round Up or if you round down... when the rule is to Round UP then you don't have to figure it out the number automatically becomes larger.

I know how to round. Even though I suck at math.

Right..... that is why Grand Admiral Thrawn didn't take over the entire military because was better than everyone else as soon as he returned right? pfft give me a break, also read the quote I edited in, it clearly shows that Han Solo doesnt think they can beat Pallaeon at all when he has the numbers advantage.

When he has the numbers advantage who Han or Pallaeon.

Right this is why Grand Admiral Thrawn was the supreme commander of the military during the GCW against the rebels and wasn't sent out away from the primary conflict to do other things and thus HAD to return..... oh wait that's exactly what happened. I refer you back to Beurocratic stuff having an effect on who runs the Military.......

Well it is definitely a point in my favour, but apparently being a superior Admiral or General isn't taken into account when choosing Supreme Commanders....

History of the characters should be the only thing that matters not titles and you of all people should know that.

When he has the numbers advantage who Han or Pallaeon.

Right this is why Grand Admiral Thrawn was the supreme commander of the military during the GCW against the rebels and wasn't sent out away from the primary conflict to do other things and thus HAD to return..... oh wait that's exactly what happened. I refer you back to Beurocratic stuff having an effect on who runs the Military.......

When Pallaeon has the numbers Solo doesnt think it's even possible to beat Gilad Pallaeon.

Also there wasn't a need for Thrawn in the GCW, it was a minor rebellion, Thrawn however was preparing the Unknown Regions for the Yuuzhan Vong invasion fleet, far far more important to Palpatine than the Rebels ever were, plus Vader was more than enough of a tactician to handle Ackbar and pals.

When Pallaeon has the numbers Solo doesnt think it's even possible to beat Gilad Pallaeon.

Also there wasn't a need for Thrawn in the GCW, it was a minor rebellion, Thrawn however was preparing the Unknown Regions for the Yuuzhan Vong invasion fleet, far far more important to Palpatine than the Rebels ever were, plus Vader was more than enough of a tactician to handle Ackbar and pals.

Well, Thrawn did mastermind Death Squadron's campaigns during the search for Hoth.

History of the characters should be the only thing that matters not titles and you of all people should know that.

You have completely misunderstood the reason for the titles in the first place, I was in the navy for years, I know full well how military rankings work.

Not only that but we know for a fact from the sources themselves that the GA was begging Pallaeon to come back and serve as Supreme Commander, but he only came out of retirement after the Vong War because his predecessor had died, they knew full well that he was the best they could have as Supreme Commander.

Completely dismissing titles out of hand is something I find to be a massive mistake simply because apparently they dont have anywhere near as much weight as the sources themselves want them to have or they'd not even be given in the first place would they?

He still wasn't supreme commander was he. And well duh Pellaeon had the numbers (and likely the firepower) advantage. While you have one now its minor and you likely don't have the firepower advantage and I am assuming Han was talking about winning in an offensive battle not holding him off in a defensive one. Not to mention I can still build faster then you so the numbers advantage wont last long between Hapes and Rendilli building ships and I repair faster to thanks to Brentaal so your numbers advantage isn't going to last long at all.

He still wasn't supreme commander was he. And well duh Pellaeon had the numbers (and likely the firepower) advantage. While you have one now its minor and you likely don't have the firepower advantage and I am assuming Han was talking about winning in an offensive battle not holding him off in a defensive one. Not to mention I can still build faster then you so the numbers advantage wont last long between Hapes and Rendilli building ships and I repair faster to thanks to Brentaal so your numbers advantage isn't going to last long at all.

He was Grand Admiral, Vader was the Supreme Commander of the Galactic Empire.

And Vader may well have been better than Thrawn for all we know Ackbar certainly believed that if he had been commanding the Battle of Endor from the Executor they'd never have stood a chance.

You have completely misunderstood the reason for the titles in the first place, I was in the navy for years, I know full well how military rankings work.

Not only that but we know for a fact from the sources themselves that the GA was begging Pallaeon to come back and serve as Supreme Commander, but he only came out of retirement after the Vong War because his predecessor had died, they knew full well that he was the best they could have as Supreme Commander.

Completely dismissing titles out of hand is something I find to be a massive mistake simply because apparently they dont have anywhere near as much weight as the sources themselves want them to have or they'd not even be given in the first place would they?

At that time there were 2 supreme commanders Pallaeon and Akbar because the Galactic Alliance was the combined effort of the New republic and the Imperial Remnant. When the Galactic Alliance itself was being formed Wedge was not considered for anything because he had effectively broke with everyone and was fighting at the siege or Boreilus a battle every one was sure he would die in. Not only did he not die but his forces won the day there holding out against impossible odds. He was accepted back into the Galactic Alliance but some one who breaks with you and goes on his own isn't going to be considered for Supreme Commander when the one already chosen is doing a good job as it is. Wedge was not in the pile of candidates when they were choosing Supreme commander so it does not stand as a means of comparison between him and Wedge.

When it came to a war against the Galactic Alliance, Wedge was chosen as Supreme commander of the Correllian defense force and held the Galactic Alliance at a stand still till he sided with Luke and ended both sides attempt at going to far.

He was Grand Admiral, Vader was the Supreme Commander of the Galactic Empire.

And Vader may well have been better than Thrawn for all we know Ackbar certainly believed that if he had been commanding the Battle of Endor from the Executor they'd never have stood a chance.

Vader never showed better then Thrawn. Ackbar and company did ok against Vader, Thrawn out maneuvered them every step of the way so right there is an example of some one less tactical getting the Supreme commander title against some one with better tactics.

Thrawn wasn't named Supreme Commander because he had a much more vital mission than commanding the Empire's military.

And Wedge wasn't because he wasn't a part of the Gallactic alliance at the time he was his own group, and you try to avoid chaning supreme commanders in the middle of a war especially when that person has never been supreme commander before and has gone against what others tell him to, to many times to count..... all successfully mind you but... hey.

Edited by tunewalker

Vader never showed better then Thrawn. Ackbar and company did ok against Vader, Thrawn out maneuvered them every step of the way so right there is an example of some one less tactical getting the Supreme commander title against some one with better tactics.

No they didn't, Vader hammered them, Hoth was seen as the worst defeat the Rebel Alliance had suffered since Operation Domino and even then Vader pursued them, Ackbar did nothing like okay, he had serious doubts about attacking the Second Death Star and feared Vader would be there to greet them, when the Executor went down and he realised Vader mustn't have been in command there was a major sigh of relief.

So you are wrong actually, also Thrawn was once again busy dealing with the preparations on the other side of the galaxy, he couldn't have been Supreme Commander and be busy with an entirely different and much more important campaign than smashing some Rebellion.

The facts however clearly show that the Galactic Alliance wanted Pallaeon to be the Supreme Commander in Chief of the entire faction, why? because he'd already won them the Yuuzhan Vong war, he then won them the Swarm War and later could have won back the entire galaxy, under Darth Caedus' estimations, which is why the Sith Lord tried to desperately to convince him of a stable order across the galaxy, Caedus wanted Pallaeon and if he couldn't get him he demanded his death because he couldnt afford to be fighting against someone like that in his war.

Edited by LadyKulvax

And Wedge wasn't because he wasn't a part of the Gallactic alliance at the time he was his own group.

You're missing the point.....

Gilad Pallaeon was chosen over everyone else including tacticians better than Wedge on the New Republic's side like Nek Bwua'tu, the logic here is simple.

No they didn't, Vader hammered them, Hoth was seen as the worst defeat the Rebel Alliance had suffered since Operation Domino and even then Vader pursued them, Ackbar did nothing like okay, he had serious doubts about attacking the Second Death Star and feared Vader would be there to greet them, when the Executor went down and he realised Vader mustn't have been in command there was a major sigh of relief.

So you are wrong actually, also Thrawn was once again busy dealing with the preparations on the other side of the galaxy, he couldn't have been Supreme Commander if he wanted to be.

The facts however clearly show that the Galactic Alliance wanted Pallaeon to be the Supreme Commander in Chief of the entire faction, why? because he'd already won them the Yuuzhan Vong war, he then won them the Swarm War and later could have won back the entire galaxy, under Darth Caedus' estimations, which is why the Sith Lord tried to desperately to convince him of a stable order across the galaxy, Caedus wanted Pallaeon and if he couldn't get him he demanded his death because he couldnt afford to be fighting against someone like that in his war.

We really still comparing battles in which the Rebels are so out-gunned and out-numbered it boarders on hilarity. Seriously every one of those Vader brought a force so powerful to bear there was no way the Rebels could ever stand a chance even if they were better tactically. Thrawn was the exact opposite he brought a weaker and outgunned force against the rebels and held the advantage.

You're missing the point.....

Gilad Pallaeon was chosen over everyone else including tacticians better than Wedge on the New Republic's side like Nek Bwua'tu, the logic here is simple.

Except every indication and every time the 2 commanders squared off it was a dead even heat Decided by firepower the ability to repair and the ability to build more ships. So maybe just maybe Wedge was better then Nek as well.

Edited by tunewalker