The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Tournament - Alliance of Worlds vs Krayt's Vision

Beniboybling

What? I just started a new Jedi Knight (on The Harbinger, no less), so I ran into Manneus. :D

Ermahgurd I have to meet up with you sometime :p

And literally every time someone brings it up I have to go watch that video. (For anyone who hasn't seen it, search "SWTOR: Episode 1, a New Meme" on YouTube.

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except that is your opinion Tunewalker, Pallaeon with enough forces was a cynical commander, when out-numbered he could wage brilliant wars of attrition, but he was no slacker on the offensive, he was the Supreme Commander in Chief of the Imperial Remnant and was one of the highest ranking admirals in the entire Galactic Alliance, Wedge was not on the same level of command as he was in the same faction.

Meanwhile I still don't understand this logic that a ship that was powerful enough to face off a part of a Sector Fleet, is only on equal terms with the Nebula, just because of the tech rule, it seems to me if you don't have a massive dreadnought your navy is average and numbers are all that matter, fastest ship of the time? nope tech rule.

Except that is your opinion Tunewalker, Pallaeon with enough forces was a cynical commander, when out-numbered he could wage brilliant wars of attrition, but he was no slacker on the offensive, he was the Supreme Commander in Chief of the Imperial Remnant and was one of the highest ranking admirals in the entire Galactic Alliance, Wedge was not on the same level of command as he was in the same faction.

Meanwhile I still don't understand this logic that a ship that was powerful enough to face off a part of a Sector Fleet, is only on equal terms with the Nebula, just because of the tech rule, it seems to me if you don't have a massive dreadnought your navy is average and numbers are all that matter, fastest ship of the time? nope tech rule.

How many Imperious' do you have?

If its like 3-4, then viscount strength seems fair, but if its 40 :/

Raylas ships are tactically superior. Pallaeon rocks on the offensive, and she outnumbers you.

Ps: sounds weird, but does anyone else ever think of palaeontology when they see the words Pallaeon?

Why are they tactically superior? because they have intridiction that doesn't actually help win the fight, again Wedge is tactically better on the defense then Pellaeon is on the offense so I would have a tactical advantage if the fight was to be an all out brawl at one of my worlds.

Why are they tactically superior? because they have intridiction that doesn't actually help win the fight, again Wedge is tactically better on the defense then Pellaeon is on the offense so I would have a tactical advantage if the fight was to be an all out brawl at one of my worlds.

Pilots and Tacticians, and, having more ships allows for countless new strategies...

Ermahgurd I have to meet up with you sometime :p

And literally every time someone brings it up I have to go watch that video. (For anyone who hasn't seen it, search "SWTOR: Episode 1, a New Meme" on YouTube.

Well, I'm on Coruscant, so I'm noob-level once again. :p

And I have seen that video. Very funny stuff. :D

Erm wait... what are you saying I only have 70% of a single Imperious ship? or is this more western joking I dont get? o__O

British Witt I'm afraid.

Well, the fleets are 1/10th of the normal size, so technically, yes, you have 70% of one... I'm sure Beni will be happy to round it up though...

And count it as a SSD strength vessel.

British Witt I'm afraid.

Well, the fleets are 1/10th of the normal size, so technically, yes, you have 70% of one... I'm sure Beni will be happy to round it up though...

And count it as a SSD strength vessel.

Well if that is right, I thought what Aurbere said was how you scaled fleets down, or is this wrong?

The reason Wedge was not of a higher rank was because he hated bueracratic BS. He was even "not apart" of the fleet at the start of the war because he wasn't going to stand for what they were trying to do and broke off on his own with Luke to help refugees escape and herass the hell out of the YV fighting a war against an enemy with impossible odds. Time and time again Wedge has shown his ability to bore in like a Tic and be darn near impossible to get out.

While Pellaeon is good on the offensive you said it yourself he is better on the defensive and if the 2 dueled evenly on the Defensive where Pellaeon is better and Wedge is Worse then it stands to logical conclusion that when the situation is reversed and Pellaeon is on the offensive where he is worse and Wedge is on the Defensive where he is better that the once even fight now turns towards Wedges favor. This is all based off their history together when specifically facing off against each other.

As far as the tech rule congrats you have figured it out, my ships were considered fast for their time as well but look at the rule all that matters is the Role that they played and the numbers of them that's what it states.

Technically it's the entire navy scaled down, not ship types. At least, that's what I found out in my calculation. I would have had 74 ships that way, but I got cut down to 60.

1600/10 =160.

If you had 800 of one kind and 800 of another, you'd have 80 and 80.... I all works out...

You just suck at math :jawa_evil:

1600/10 =160.

If you had 800 of one kind and 800 of another, you'd have 80 and 80.... I all works out...

You just suck at math :jawa_evil:

I was counting named ships. Turns out all of my SDs will be named. So that's where I went wrong, I think.

And don't say I such at math! Because I do! :(:(:(

If that were the case, Tune would have 30% of a Viscount floating around.

Rofl :D

Maybe I'm wrong, but it makes sense. What doesn't make sense is rounding the fleet down and changing the ratio of how many ships she had, otherwise that unbalances it COMPLETELY for those with multiple SSd's.

If she had 7 imperious' she could solo my fleet.

Pilots and Tacticians, and, having more ships allows for countless new strategies...

The pilots and tactiticians are no better then those of the rebels all of that was speculation with no true basis other then timeline. Seriously every single thing so far with fleets is 100 years more advanced and thus better in every respect this is not the case and is why the tech rule is there.

I was counting named ships. Turns out all of my SDs will be named. So that's where I went wrong, I think.

And don't say I such at math! Because I do! :(:(:(

Naww, poor Aurbere :(

I suck too, we can be friends :D

Edit: that came out wrong.

Edited by Selenial