/ignore, Forum version.

Osoygatitalove

I have never seen anyone on this forum that I would want to ignore. I have reported the occasional post (especially where someone is calling out other players or forum users, HINT HINT).

But I wouldn't want to ignore anyone. There are some people that I disagree with and a few people that I disagree with frequently, but then I simply post and tell them so.

I don't see (many) people spamming or posting nonsense here, all I usually see is people with opinions, which IMHO is what the forum is for. Personally, I don't think shielding myself from people that I disagree with is a good way for me to take part in the forums. At some point, doesn't that just become me enjoying hearing the sound of my own voice and enjoying having people agree with me? That's not really a forum, so much as a CrazyMcGee Appreciation Club (if only...!). That's the whole point of debate - you need to hear other people's arguments which will either persuade you to their cause, or solidify and develop your own position. Was no one else ever in a debating club? Did you try and ignore the opposition and just monologue your own views?

I totally get the problems with General Chat - you see people saying awful, horrible things or literally just spamming. I don't really see that here, am I missing it? The examples of people or posts that people are giving in this thread don't fall into the same category - you just seem to disagree with the posters.

So I don't see the need for an ignore function. I'm actually surprised that people get so personal on here (and in this thread). I rarely pay much attention to who is posting, I just read what they have said and respond to that, so I am sure there are people that I am heartily agreeing with in one thread and screaming (politely) at in another thread. I'm never going to 100% agree or disagree with someone about this game. I recognise a few of you, but not many tbh! I focus on the post, not the person.

tl:dr Don't ignore people. Discuss their ideas and opinions with them, whether you agree or disagree.

Pretty sure most of us like forum discussions otherwise we wouldn't even be here would we?

I understand what you are saying but when there are people who keep crying doomsday patch after patch while not at all appreciating the work of the devs while only being interested in pulling out the negatives from it, you just don't feel like going on a discussion with them. We all know this game is far from perfect but lets put out ideas which can improve it and not stuff which can never be done while using the same to spread the hate for the game.

Pretty sure most of us like forum discussions otherwise we wouldn't even be here would we?

I understand what you are saying but when there are people who keep crying doomsday patch after patch while not at all appreciating the work of the devs while only being interested in pulling out the negatives from it, you just don't feel like going on a discussion with them. We all know this game is far from perfect but lets put out ideas which can improve it and not stuff which can never be done while using the same to spread the hate for the game.

its only a way to give more freedom to the forum users.#

you can choose what you want to see.

Edited by Osoygatitalove

i think we should get to vote on temporarily banning forum members. maybe the moderators don't want to ban lord artemis, andryah, cosmickat, etc. because they've banned them too often and it doesn't help, or they don't want to spend the time digging through all their posts to find a good excuse.

just stick an icon next to report that say 'ban,' and if enough people click it that person gets banned for a week or something.

i think we should get to vote on temporarily banning forum members. maybe the moderators don't want to ban lord artemis, andryah, cosmickat, etc. because they've banned them too often and it doesn't help, or they don't want to spend the time digging through all their posts to find a good excuse.

just stick an icon next to report that say 'ban,' and if enough people click it that person gets banned for a week or something.

While a tantalizing idea it could also become a Pandora's box. The same half dozen or so pack animals could conceivably spam an individual's ban button to get them banned, and for no other reason than because they could. Unless there's also a source IP trace to block spamming an account or something, I'm not sure how it would work equitably. That's also assuming the perps don't keep resetting their connection to change their computer's dynamic IP address. Maybe trace MAC addresses ... Edited by GalacticKegger

Ooo, I'm famous... or is it infamous?

For the record... I've never been banned, or suspended. I've never had an infraction for anything I've said about the game. I've got no beef about the moderators or how they moderate these forums.

The other problem is that when you ignore someone who posts more than most people breathe, you'll still see their posts when anyone quotes them.

It's like deleting Fox News but still seeing clips of it on every other channel.

Agreed, it would be nice if 'ignore' meant removing any and all traces of the person you don't with to communicate with. It would be like they don't exist. I have a few I'd like to do that too. :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.