Misplaced Ancient Power Source during the Soa encounter (Eternity Vault)

Jerba

In the final boss fight of Eternity Vault with Soa, one of the Ancient Power Sources is always spawning in a wrong position (Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/mNCujls.jpg)

• This bug is present in all difficulty modes, both in 8-man and 16-man.
  • It always affects the third Ancient Power Source from the bottom, both in the P1->P2 transition (70% boss HP) and the P2->P3 transition (30% boss HP).
  • The Ancient Power Source does not spawn inside the pylon like the other Ancient Power Sources, but instead floats in mid-air one platform lower, where it cannot be attacked (Error message: Target not visible).
  • This bug was mentioned to be fixed in the 1.4.0 Patch Notes. ("Corrected the location of a misplaced Ancient Power Source during the Soa encounter.") I am not sure what was fixed with that, but the Ancient Power Source I am talking about has been buggy since release, and was not fixed with that patch.

To help with fixing this bug, I recorded the respective coordinates (in X/Y/Z as shown in the minimap tooltip):

• P1->P2 transition (70% boss HP):
    - Position where Ancient Power Source should spawn: 812, 660, -192
    - Position where it spawns instead: 798, 700, -207
  • P2->P3 transition (30% boss HP):
    - Position where Ancient Power Source should spawn: 812, 660, -352
    - Position where it spawns instead: 798, 700, -367

In my mind, I've already given up all hope of ever seeing this fixed, but after continually encountering this bug every week, I have to vent my OCD frustration somewhere. Either, no developer has run the operation for the last one and a half years, or this bug is so low in priority that it's not even on the wall of crazy. ;)

If you can spare the time, please fix it. It has gotten embarassing a long time ago.

Edited by Jerba

• 1 year later...