Unable to edit some forum posts, send long PMs (returns error message)

Mugen_no_Jidai

Noting the problem in this forum for better visibility. Original thread is in the Customer Service forum here.

In short there is a bug preventing anyone from editing a post that (we think) has too many characters, or even sending a long private message. This has occurred for myself and 6 other users. This returns an error message every time, and unlike the previous "Site traffic too high, try again later message" that was returned when you tried to edit something the last few weeks, posts are no longer updated at all. This affects most of the leaderboards out there, fan fiction threads, private messages, and perhaps folks trying to make longer posts generally.

The error reports look something like:

An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #172.25bf3b17.1381267723.1faebca

An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #172.3ebf3b17.1381267924.19e59462

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Edited by Mugen_no_Jidai

I got the same error when trying to create a very long post. Splitting the post up into two posts was a workaround for me, but this definitely needs to be fixed since you say that old posts cannot be edited anymore now.

For reference, the maximum limit after which the error appears seems to be somewhere around 7,150-7,200 characters.

Edited by Jerba