The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Removed the 30 day cooldown for Naming/Legacy Naming changes!

Farstrider

As the title says.

I'm guessing more people would be tempted to purchase this if the cooldown went away, not only that if any mistakes occured then atleast players could rectify them. I recently had a 'keyboard incident' and now have to wait for 30 days to change it back. Alittle selfish request I know.. but then, it'd likely sell more if there was no CD attached?

Just a thought based on experience.

As the title says.

I'm guessing more people would be tempted to purchase this if the cooldown went away, not only that if any mistakes occured then atleast players could rectify them. I recently had a 'keyboard incident' and now have to wait for 30 days to change it back. Alittle selfish request I know.. but then, it'd likely sell more if there was no CD attached?

Just a thought based on experience.

A keyboard issue is one thing. But I have to seriously question anyone wanting to change their character name more often than 30 days.

Regarding your problem... Have you tried contacting CS? Explain it clearly. If you meant to do "Farstrider" and accidently did "Farstridar" they may do something.

Yeah man. Enter a support ticket. You can definitely have that rectified.

The reason they have a long waiting period on server and name changes is so that people aren't stealing and then rushing out to change their name so that people can't track them down and report them to CS.

Yeah man. Enter a support ticket. You can definitely have that rectified.

The reason they have a long waiting period on server and name changes is so that people aren't stealing and then rushing out to change their name so that people can't track them down and report them to CS.

This. Otherwise trolls could troll harder. Like if someone stole from your guild bank, they could come back the next day. Or if you /ignored someone, you might get grouped with them the next day.

Also, I know I'm mean, but you gotta check what you type before you press confirm. So it sucks for you, but it's up to you to proof read. We don't need to change the system because you didn't take the time to double check.