UI Targetting and ability activation bug. X-Post

LeenPonyD

I've cross posted this to Bug Reports in hopes that one of the threads get a response from the Dev Team, instead of ignored and deleted like my previous attempts.

I am close to quitting the game over the frustration this entire bug and handling--or lack thereof--the situation has gone.

I will start off with a warning, I am so annoyed by these bugs and glitches I'm a hair's breadth from leaving the game. These issues have persisted through multiple patches, reformats and clean installs all the while my calls for help and petitions have gone ignored!

Since 2.0 launched I've been encountering some strange User Interface and Targetting bugs on my characters, but only when I'm grouped or in raid.

At first it started as a minor annoyance on my Sorc where every time I activated an ability it would swap to the next target in view. SO I hit Deathfield and it swaps, then I hit Lightning and it swaps again. never once did I hit tab or click on another target, the switch happens simply because I am activating an ability. This forced me to position my camera in such a way that only one enemy is on the screen at any given time so that it wouldn't change targets but on some fights with adds this is next to impossible.

This bug is not 100% of the time, it only crops up here and there. It will last for an attempt or two and then go away. Only to return at the most inconvenient time.

It gets worse on my alts, however. On my Assassin Tank and my Sniper I get a bug I can't work around. I will have an enemy targeted and it will be right in front of my and yet when I try to use an offensive ability like Wither or Corrosive Dart I get a red error message saying either "Target is Not an Enemy" or "Target is dead" both of which are 100% inaccurate as the enemy in question has no problem attacking and doing damage to me.

I can use drop AEs like Orbital Strike or Lacerate, and it hits enemies and does damage, but I cannot use targetted abilities at all.

Again this bug is not 100% of the time, there are brief periods where i can attack just fine, but unlike with my sorcerer, it is bugged 95% of the time and my sniper and assassin are rendered useless.

I've reinstalled the game 3 times since 2.0. I've reformatted my entire computer twice. I've deleted every profile and pointer that SWTOR was ever on my machine and started fresh, only to finish setting everything back up and realize the bugs are all still there.

I've submitted multiple tickets on the problem and have tried posting here for help but no one at EA or BioWare has responded to me even to apologize that most of my alternate characters are useless.

I make this post today because after almost two years of subscribing to the game I am so frustrated not being able to play that I'm on the verge of calling it quits.

I literally shake my fists and scream at my computer monitor and I know my guildies are sick and tired of hearing me ***** every five minutes on vent. It's not worth it. I'd rather walk away than stress over the fact that the game is too buggy to even be played.

I spent almost two years, i have 11 characters 50+, with just about half of them 55 and in full 72 gear. I enjoy the game, when I can play. But I cannot even main swap to my sniper for our raid dps.

I use a Razr Anasai keyboard and Naga mouse, I've thought they might be the issue and have since gone back to a simple lazer mouse and 15 year old Micros PS/2 Keyboard...and I still have these issues!

I'm going to recrod a video later tonight of the "target is not an enemy" "no target" bug when I very clearly have an active red reticle targeted on the proper enemy, but for now here is a video i took last week on my sniper.

In this attempt I HAVE NOT set a focus target at all, this usually makes it worse. I have Thraser as my target and am able to use damaging abilities on him, however, my target reads K'ain, one of our Marauders that is actually over 90meters away running around up on the walls taking care of snipers. It has also added Thrasher as my focus target automatically as the bug begins. I did not do that and in fact have totally disabled my shortcut key for Focus target because of this bug. It still sets the enemy to focus and refuses to tab target off the friendly unit. I can actually click and target other enemies, the red target over the enemy will move to the new target, I will attack the new target, but my UI refuses to change from K'ain.

You can see my target never switches from K'ain, and it appears red as an enemy, but I keep attacking Thrasher. Thrasher is the Target of Target even though K'ain is targeting snipers and demos. This bug isn't one of the unplayable ones, but it sure makes raiding EXTREMELY difficult.

I will make my raid suffer through an attempt with my sniper tonight to capture the "Not an enemy" bug too and post that.

PLEASE HELP ME! I'm so close to quitting due to frustration that I can't bear it any longer!

Empty threats, and you want dev team to trust your words. :rak_04:

Not empty at all, exasperated because I'm so fed up. What is the point in raiding if I just stand there and am unable to actually do anything? I only log on tues/wed night to raid with my guild right now, so there is no point in even doing that if I can't even spend those 6 hours a week playing the game I pay for.