Question on Bitrader - SSN vs Non-streaming - how to update?

GhostMcFunky

Hello, this is my first post on the SWTOR forum.

Yesterday I ran into the issue where I had to reinstall the whole game. I used the method of turning Bitrader off in the config file and the game has finished downloading and installing.

However, it says patch date 9/17/13, so it's not the latest patch. What steps should I take to make it update to the latest version?

Any help is appreciated.

Hello, this is my first post on the SWTOR forum.

Yesterday I ran into the issue where I had to reinstall the whole game. I used the method of turning Bitrader off in the config file and the game has finished downloading and installing.

However, it says patch date 9/17/13, so it's not the latest patch. What steps should I take to make it update to the latest version?

Any help is appreciated.

It is the latest patch if you can play the game. The notes are currently messed up on the Launcher. The real patch notes are at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/2.4.0/dread-war

PS: In the future, if you need any help, there is a forum dedicated to helping players: New Player Help. Posts that ask for help in the General Discussion tend to get lost.

EDIT: See the Bug Report about the patch notes on the Launcher being messed up here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=684624 .

It is the latest patch if you can play the game. The notes are currently messed up on the Launcher. The real patch notes are at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/2.4.0/dread-war

PS: In the future, if you need any help, there is a forum dedicated to helping players: New Player Help. Posts that ask for help in the General Discussion tend to get lost.

EDIT: See the Bug Report about the patch notes on the Launcher being messed up here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=684624 .

No I don't think you understand the issue. The *date* for the update in the launcher is 9/17. My subscription status on *this* site says Hutt Cartel, too, suggesting I'm not playing the newest patch.

In addition, when I load the game, the loading screen is for Hutt Cartel, and the little menu in the lower left corner also shows this.

I don't think it installed the latest patch when I re-downloaded the game.

Last, the launcher doesn't say ST in the lower left corner, suggesting that Bitraider isn't turned back on.

No I don't think you understand the issue. The *date* for the update in the launcher is 9/17. My subscription status on *this* site says Hutt Cartel, too, suggesting I'm not playing the newest patch.

In addition, when I load the game, the loading screen is for Hutt Cartel, and the little menu in the lower left corner also shows this.

I don't think it installed the latest patch when I re-downloaded the game.

Last, the launcher doesn't say ST in the lower left corner, suggesting that Bitraider isn't turned back on.

The date is for the Patch Notes currently displayed on the Launcher. It has nothing to do with what patch you have installed. Last night, after I had patched the game, it also said that the most recent Patch Notes was 9/17 too, If you restart the Launcher now, BioWare just fixed it so that the Patch Notes displayed is the correct one.

The loading screen is always going to be the Hutt Cartel until 3.0. (unless you change it with swapping out the loading screen file.) The menu in the lower left corner is either just stating that you can see the RotHC credits or that you currently have RotHC access. You account says that you have RotHC access.

Yes, if the launcher does not say "ST" in the lower left corner then you are not using BitRaider.

To tell if you have the latest patch, do the following:

1. Start the Launcher. If it is running, close it first and restart it.
  2. Sign in.
  3. Wait until the "Play" button lights up.
  4. Click the "Play" button.
  5. If the server selection screen comes up, select your server.
  6. When the character selection screen comes up, select a character.

If you can do the above, then you have the latest patch installed. (Step 5 may not happen for you: this is OK: the system most of the time remembers which server you were on last and skips this step.) This is an MMO: they will not let you play if you do not have the latest patch.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.