Gear Sets

Abraal

This has troubled my mind for a while now and I can't find an answer from anywhere.

I often inspect high level players and look at their gear and most of them have a set going on. Not always full but some parts of it. Let's take an example.

I see someone collecting the War Leader's Gear. I hover my cursor on one of the items to look at the gear list because I want to see how many he/she has of the set.

"War Leader's Gear 3/5

Underworld War Leader's Body Armor

Underworld War Leader's Headgear

Eradicator's Boots

Underworld War Leader's Gloves

Underworld War Leader's Greaves"

How can the Eradicator gear fit in when it is bought in the cartel market? This was only one example. Sometimes people have almost full build of gear sets that are made out of Eradicator gear.

Are Gear Sets actually the item modifications?

(I do not own any of the gear set items for I have just reached lvl 55 and am collecting commendations to buy my first, but I don't like the way the sets look. I would be rejoiced if I could take the item modifications from f.ex. Field Medic's Item Set and put them into a gear that I like to look at and still have the set bonus.)

Please share me your wisdom o' experienced players!

This has troubled my mind for a while now and I can't find an answer from anywhere.

I often inspect high level players and look at their gear and most of them have a set going on. Not always full but some parts of it. Let's take an example.

I see someone collecting the War Leader's Gear. I hover my cursor on one of the items to look at the gear list because I want to see how many he/she has of the set.

"War Leader's Gear 3/5

Underworld War Leader's Body Armor

Underworld War Leader's Headgear

Eradicator's Boots

Underworld War Leader's Gloves

Underworld War Leader's Greaves"

From 2.0 Patch Notes (underlining is mine.)

Set Bonuses

All set bonuses are now stored exclusively on Armoring mods instead of equipment shells. Players will now be able to transfer set bonuses shells between equipment shells by simply moving the Armoring mod. The rules are as follows:

• Set bonuses can be extracted from a shell by removing the Armoring mod.
  • While Armoring mods are not applied to any items, they retain their extracted set bonus.
  • When Armoring mods with a set bonus are placed in another item of the same type(Chest, Legs, Head, etc), the set bonus will then applies to that piece of armor. Modified gear with a set bonus applied will receive a notification when attempting to overwrite the Armoring mod with another Armoring mod with a set bonus. If confirmed, the new mod's set bonus will overwrite the original set bonus.

Pay attention to the underlined part: you can only put Armoring into the same type of item. For example, you cannot put a helmet Armoring into a chest piece.

The Gear Set bonuses come from the Armoring item modification piece, which can be stripped and reattached to any custom armor shell, the set bonus follows the armoring piece.

Only Certain Named Gear contains the armoring pieces that have set bonuses, and only 5 slots (headgear, chest, legs, gloves, boots)...

PvE:

Classic Sets: Campaign Set (Classic Gear Vendor), Dread Guard Set (NiM 50 Ops)

Stacks with each other but not with 2.0+ sets.

2.0+ Sets: Arkanian Set (SM 55 Ops), Underworld Set (HM 55 Ops), Kell Dragon Set (NiM 55 Ops), Dread Forged Set (New HM 55 Ops in 2.4)

Stacks with each other but not with classic sets.

PvP: Partisan Set (No longer attainable), Conqueror Set (Warzone PvP Vendor), Obroan Set (Ranked Warzone PvP Vendor)

Stacks with each other.

Edited by LordBarok

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.