The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cathar Honor Sword

BaconLoverr

So I have bought the contraband pack about 20 times and I never got the sword which was the reason why I bought them in the first place. I was just wondering if it was completely random or if there was a percentage of whether you might get it or not cause I'm kind of getting discouraged about buying the pack again. Thanks.

P.s I already tried to get it on the GTN but it's no longer there.

It's a Super Rare drop, probally a 5% roll with each pack or less. You could try buying packs off the GTN or save up for a sword on the GTN also, they go for around 600-1000k

You were probably tired when you read this, but the OP said that it wasn't on the GTN.

All right I guess I'll just keep trying trying my luck. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, and remember opening multiple packs increases your chances only in that you have more chances. But, each pack's "roll" for what is inside it has no bearing on previous packs. So, as others have said in other threads, you could open your next pack and get the sword, or you could open 100 packs and never get the sword.

So, if all you really want is the sword, I'd recommend keeping a close eye out on the GTN, if you do buy packs sell the stuff you don't want on the GTN to get the money to buy your sword, and be very very happy if you get lucky and get your sword.

However, buying the packs just for one super rare item is kind of like betting on 00 in roulette.

All right I guess I'll just keep trying trying my luck. Thanks for the info.

That's what I'd suggest. I know that there was about a 2 month stretch there when I just could not find the Cyan-Blue Hawkeye that I was looking for to complete my set. Then, one day, FINALLY, it was there..... for 1.5 million..... I sighed, bit the blaster bolt and bought it even though it hurt because I honestly didn't see any other options.

On a whim while looking for other colors a few weeks later- there was 5 Cyan-Blue Hawkeyes selling for around 300,000 give or take. :eek:

That's just the market and how it goes sometimes. Something can be impossible to find for weeks upon weeks upon weeks and then one day there's 10 in there for less then the cost of dirt. Other times, it's actually more normal. You just have to keep trying so hang in there. :cool: