Makeb Weekly - Stage 1 - Inciting Incident (cannot use binocs)

SeandWulf

After the patch today - when trying to complete the Makeb Weekly - Stage 1 - Inciting Incident no matter where I stand on the indicated spot from the mini map, the binoculars will not light up nor will they activate, indicating I have to be standing in the right spot... which I am! Or at least, as far as the minimap is concerned.

After the patch today - when trying to complete the Makeb Weekly - Stage 1 - Inciting Incident no matter where I stand on the indicated spot from the mini map, the binoculars will not light up nor will they activate, indicating I have to be standing in the right spot... which I am! Or at least, as far as the minimap is concerned.

Are you doing the one where you have to spot the turrets at various places on the ground??

Now you are stuck trying to find the bonus one??

It is on the roof.. You have to find a way onto the roof and look from there.. Yes there is a way onto the roof..

If none of this fits you.. Please ignore this message.. :D

Regrettably I'll have to ignore you Majik! ;)

I know that weekly you talk about as well - haven't tried it yet (might be interesting to note if that is working or not, could mean all binoc quests are broken).

This quest has you obtain a range finder (the binocs) and some missiles, then you load the missiles into the hovertank and use the binocs to rain fire on an outpost.

I tried this again prior to the patch and discovered it did work - however, I read there are group issues with obtaining items or some such. I was in a group when I picked up the binocs, but then not in a group when I tried to use them. No idea if that matters or not - however, the binocs did work when I did it solo from start to finish.

I'll try again next week in a group and see what happens.

• 2 years later...
I believe the quest uses a unique set of binocs, not the ones you get from the searching for the Shroud questline. Try looking in your mission items tab for another binoc set and clicking those. When I've run those type of missions in the past, I would occasionally have issues trying to use the binocs that are embedded in the mission list on screen.