The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How to: WoW Legendary mouse

DeathDealKill

This is a step by step to help you get your World of Warcraft Legendary mouse to work with SWTOR.

There are 3 parts to this with a Source to the first 2 parts. I ran parts 1 and 2 but it was part 3 that fixed it for me.

Enjoy!

Part #1

Source:

http://faq.steelseries.com/questions/390/+How+can+I+get+my+World+of+Warcraft+Legendary+mouse+to+work+in+Star+Wars+the+Old+Republic%3F

Have the Software open-

1) First make sure the enable ingame mode is unchecked. The 'enable in-game mode' function actually disables the buttons and is a function geared for World of Warcraft only.

2) Access: Button assignment -> Custom Macros -> New

Select the no delay option, input the commands as you normally would on screen. Save the macro and exit the macro manager.

This macro will apply to whatever button you chose to edit and it will also show up in the button assignment -> "custom macros" section so you can apply it to any key.

Part #2

Source: http://faq.steelseries.com/questions/351/My+macros+or+additional+mouse+buttons+do+not+work+in+SWOTR+%28Star+Wars+the+Old+Republic%29

We've found that User Account Control (UAC), interferes with the macros in SWOTR - we're investigating further but this will affect most if not all similar devices that use macros.

First, please try making sure that the software is being run as administrator. To do this, navigate to the installation directory.

By default: C:\Program Files (x86)/Steelseries

Navigate into the software folder until you find the .exe (executable) that is used to run the program. Right click -> properties -> compatibility tab

Check 'Run this program as administrator'

(This is just saying to be sure you run the *.EXE files as Admin. So go to your SteelSeries folder and look for WoWMGUI4, WoWMHID4, and WoWMTray4. Rightclick, Properties, Compatibility tab and make sure *Run this program as an administrator is checked.)

Part #3

I have 3 USB ports on my laptop and 2 of them do not work with this mouse correctly So trying a different USB Port worked for me. :))

I really hope this helps anyone else that had this issue.