The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PT Just returned after year + absense LF Advice

Vauleen

Hey it's been a while since I played. Pre 1.2. I dinged 50 and was one of the hardest hitting PT's back in the day running pyro spec. Anyway I'm looking to get back into the game. From what I've been reading Pyro got nerfed pretty hard but it looks like it's getting some improvements this patch. So I think I'll stick it out and try it for a while to see what I can do. In the mean time can someone please point out what gear I should be looking to run for Pyro and what buffs/heals (stims and the like) I should be getting. Right now I'm all decked out in Battle Master with pieces of war hero sitting in my inventory. And I still need to get to 55. Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated.

BM was not improved in the 2.0 upgrade and they left expertise on it. Any item with expertise on it will not be boolstered in a warzone, so you'll hurt yourself if you wear the old BM. The WH is great though and you might want to just toss on whatever pve gear you had around until you get better.

I loved my PT Pyro back in the day, for the most part, the devs didn't improve it at all, while they improved everything else, so it's rough in a WZ. It's worth taking the time to learn AP and compare how you do. 30% AOE (smash) damage reduction and 30% damage reduction while stunned gives you a ton more survivability and will probably let you live long enough to get your dps out there. Theres lots of great toys in the AP tree also like only 10 seconds downtime for hydraulics.

They are planning a slight improvement to Pyro in 2.4 I hear, but I'm not sure it's a game changer or anything.

That being said, I love my PT tank ;)