Cyborg Limbs & Implants Help

Jennocide

This is a lore question, not a gameplay question. Just before I get into the rest of this >_>

So my sniper is a cyborg and I'm RPing her. I haven't found much in the way of info for Star Wars prosthetics and cyber limbs so I'm basically just using Shadowrun as inspiration and such for limitations. The problem there is that Star Wars often seems a bit lower-tech when it comes to cyborgs.

For instance, I was contemplating saying that Kida had replaced her arms with prosthetic cyber limbs to help her sniping- it would mean a steadier shot and improve her accuracy. But because she's an Imperial Intel agent, subtlety is key. She wouldn't want those cyber limbs to be obvious cyber limbs, she'd want synthetic flesh over top of them.

I also wanted her to have a few cranial implants- such as a harddrive for storing vital information. When in deep cover, she could switch off those nonvital harddrives to prevent herself from inadvertently blowing her cover. More than a failsafe than anything else.

She comes from a well-to-do military family so money wouldn't likely be an issue for career-related enhancements such as these.

Basically what I'm asking, being newer than some to Star Wars lore (especially in the TOR era) is would stuff like this be possible?

Any help is appreciated, thanks :D

Well Luke's prosthetic hand had lifelike skin covering it. Also Lobot had a cybernetic unit that could arguably function in a similar way to what you had in mind.

At the end of the day the setting they have chosen to free themselves up creatively will afford you the same courtesy in your roleplaying. Enjoy :)

Well, I''m using the Hero''s Guide for Star Wars D20 as a guide, but based on their cybernetics rules, there is technology to increase physical performance by use of cybernetics. This would include greater ability at strength or dexterous tasks, improved movement speed, and etc. When it comes to actual brain implants, there aren''t as many examples. But I think KOTOR had implants as items. I don''t see cranial wiring and hard drives being too much of a stretch. Also remember, there is something called ion shielding that protects cyborg limbs and such from ion based attacks.

• 4 weeks later...

Going to poke this thread again since I have the same kind of question.

With TOR set way back in the past, before any of the Star Wars movies, I'm not sure where the level of technology is at in the game.

In the movies, when Anakin loses his hand/arm it's replaced by a bulky robot-looking thing. But in the not-so-distant future when Luke loses his hand, it's replaced by what looks like a normal hand; very realistic.

I'd definately like to be able to give my cyborg her replaced limbs without it looking extrermely unatural! But not at the cost of having to argue about their plausibility in every RP situation.

So where are we at now in SWTOR, really? Would it actually be possible to make life-like limbs at this time or is the technology not fine-tuned and delicate enough?