Cyborgs, are they considered human in the dialogue (not a cartel hair pack question)

rhiarose

Been trying to find an answer but not getting much.

I am creating an Imperial Agent for a second run through, already did a Chiss agent. I am going to create a non alien Agent for my second run through and humans never really interest me much when there are other options and Cyborg just seems like it would be fun lore-wise as an agent.

Question is, are they treated as humans by the Imperial power structure or do they get the sneering "despite your genetic deficiencies" style species-ist statements from the human Imperials?

I'm wondering if anyone has played one and recalls any comments by Imperial commanders etc indicating that they are treated by the game as Aliens

It does, when I play an alien, several NPCs reference my "inferior" genetics or about how terrible it is to have to turn to aliens for herlp. The Moff you start out on Illum with does, also several NPCs on Nar Shadda do, Aliens also get special dialogue on Tython with a couple Jedi Master quest givers.

It does, when I play an alien, several NPCs reference my "inferior" genetics or about how terrible it is to have to turn to aliens for herlp. The Moff you start out on Illum with does, also several NPCs on Nar Shadda do, Aliens also get special dialogue on Tython with a couple Jedi Master quest givers.

Oh do they. I never knew. I thought there were some instances where would have been appropriate to comment about their race but the npcs didn't. Maybe that just with the ones that didn't come by default in the game.

I don't really think the game even takes into account your species. I think it only really takes into consideration your gender.

Oh no, there are comments and even some differences in how the NPCs respond to you depending on your race for the Imperial Side- in fact, from what I understand one of the non-companion romances for the Imperial Agent goes very differently for humans then it does for an alien race.

As for your question OP, I'm honestly not certain. I would think that cyborgs- having once been human would be treated as such but, then again, it's the Empire, who knows? I know that I'm quite curious about that myself because I've also been thinking about rolling a cyborg too. :D

I don't really think the game even takes into account your species. I think it only really takes into consideration your gender.

It does. Generally it is a small mention, but there is a part of the agent story (mentioned above) that is different depending on your species. Whether cyborg counts as human for this part would affect how the player experiences it in a significant (IMO) way.

As for the OP, I'm not sure. I've never played a cyborg.

I don't remember any NPC mentioning my cyborg Juggernaut being anything other than human. Same with my cyborg trooper. But that could just be because I simply never entered into a dialogue with them where it would have mattered.

Also, your race makes a difference in conversations on the starter planet if you're an inquisitor.

Cyborgs are human in the game.

Rather than give humans a character creation slider bar for cybernetic implants, they set cyborgs up as a separate species.

Yes, I have played cyborg, and you are treated as human on Imperial side, ie, no snide remarks about being alien scum and such.

Cyborgs are humans, everyone else but Chiss are aliens.

Chiss get special dialogue options at two points in the game, at least the did for my agent. One was something to do with temple, and the other was on Hoth, you could mention the Ascendency and say something special to Youdress.

Yes, I have played cyborg, and you are treated as human on Imperial side, ie, no snide remarks about being alien scum and such.

You do get a few comments about your eyes apparently, one imperial makes a comment about somebody's weird eyes then says "no insult intended" to you if you're a cyborg.

Cyborgs are humans, everyone else but Chiss are aliens.

Chiss get special dialogue options at two points in the game, at least the did for my agent. One was something to do with temple, and the other was on Hoth, you could mention the Ascendency and say something special to Youdress.

As a matter of fact, it is Youdress who mentions the Ascendancy and says something like being happy to see one of it's lost Children return. Then, you can be a total git and be rude to him or say that the Ascendancy will always come first to you.

EDIT:

What I find odd, if not paradoxical, about the whole Cyborg race is the fact you get to see other races, like the Twi'leks, using cybernetic implants.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.