The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Tournament - Dark Imperium vs Undying Brotherhood

Beniboybling

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So my fleet is getting nerfed? how wonderful...

I'm not sure if the nerfs are necessary.
I don't consider it a nerf. I'm going to try and ensure the disparities remain similar/the same.

However I just feel its silly talking about 1,000 ships plus rushing around a handful of planets. How many times has the argument that the hyperspace lanes will just get clogged come up?

I just feel its not very realistic. Normal fleets coming in 20s and 30s, not hundreds.

Edited by Beniboybling

I don't consider it a nerf. I'm going to try and ensure the disparities remain similar/the same.

However I just feel its silly talking about 1,000 ships plus rushing around a handful of planets. How many times has the argument that the hyperspace lanes will just get clogged come up?

I just feel its not very realistic. Normal fleets coming in 20s and 30s, not hundreds.

But again, everybody will experience changes and they will all be decreases.

I think that's the thing that I am thinking of is in a real war Between me and Rayla do to the number of ships and the hyperspace "clogging" so to speak it just means most of the time we are going to be sending only a couple hundered at a time (and actually it is pretty common to see upwards of hundreds of ships in one place at a time.) with around 200-400 ships Garm and Wedge pincered and took on 1000 YV ships so the idea that a few hundred ships cant fit into such a vast thing as space over a planet is really unfounded its just the battles take much longer when there are that many ships and mostly 1 battle actually turns into many battles and many fronts essentially. With 1 guy controlling the overall and each of the generals controlling about 100-200 or so ships at each front of that particular battle.

Will Minor fleets get this downgrade too?

And if so... My OCF request still stands :p

Personally I agree with Tunewalker, we saw hundreds of fleets at Malachor, Coruscant, and many times in the Vong War..

Hell, there were over a thousand OCF ships ALONE over Coruscant.... It's happened, and it makes sense.

Also, the Planets themselves can hold that many, no matter the planet.

And double Also, hyperspace clogging is VERY realistic, it's the reason some fleets arrived so spread out that the ships already there could have been partially destroyed, it's a bonus for defenders and it makes sense...

It was one of the few reasons Coruscant wasn't captured, the Seperatists couldn't get all ships above the planet at once, so the small defense force had an easier chance holding them off before reinforcements arrived.

Well I'm certainly glad I missed Beni writing his imperial edicts across the walls in the forum goers' blood...

That said I love the decrease of fleet sizes (cause, well... I always seem to be outnumbered)

Anyway, I'm back guys. (or plan to be assuming school doesn't throw me a curve ball again) Has Beni said who fights next?

"I'm out of it for a little while, everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"

Is that you should have said, missed a good one there Star. :p