The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Tournament - Dark Imperium vs Undying Brotherhood

Beniboybling

His ships are all made with Rakata technology, two of them held off an entire Republic armada single-handedly until the Republic had Battle Meditation turn the tide.

That doesn't sound like much of a slaughter to me.

*cough*

Ramming into each other at near light speed.

*Cough*

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*cough*

Ramming into each other at near light speed.

*Cough*

That won't happen if Malgus sends an scouting fleet ahead, alerting them to the presence of the Interdiction fleet and giving Malgus an opportunity to take the necessary precautions i.e. dropping out of hyperspace in front of the fleet and approaching them through realspace. Unless of course the enemy has jammers.

That won't happen if Malgus sends an scouting fleet ahead, alerting them to the presence of the Interdiction fleet and giving Malgus an opportunity to take the necessary precautions i.e. dropping out of hyperspace in front of the fleet and approaching them through realspace. Unless of course the enemy has jammers.

The Enemy has Jammers.

Even if enemies have jammers scout ships stay in constant communications the moment comms break Malgus will know. Jammers or know scouts will have preformed their duty.

Even if enemies have jammers scout ships stay in constant communications the moment comms break Malgus will know. Jammers or know scouts will have preformed their duty.

He'll know they're destroyed.

He won't know how.

He won't know the precise location of the fleet.

He won't know enough...

Besides, what you forget is Traya's precognition, she could quite easily see Malgus' plans ahead of time and adjust accordingly, really allowing for her to keep the Interdictor Web up.

Besides, if he tries to use a different route it's possible she could set up Interdictor fields there too.

An scouting fleet is more than possible, but at some point Malgus has to bring in the big guns if he want's to secure total victory. Remember this is Darth Traya equipped with a stealth fleet we are talking about here, not some chump, she is more than capable of eradicating a token force without a single casualty.

But I agree Malgus will send a small force to scout the area first, which will remove the need for him to remain behind on Dromund Kaas - detached from his force and unable to react personally to the various stimuli that will not doubt surface. Let alone defeat Traya if she makes an appearance before she can escape.

But also remember the nature of the force we are dealing with. They can render themselves invisible at will, making them easily capable of escaping and/or bypassing the enemy's every defense. What's more it will take some time for any fleets taking alternate routes to arrive, time Malgus simply does not have. By then who knows how much the battlefield could have changed, Traya's plan - whatever it may be - will certainly be in full swing.

And BSDing Malachor V is a practical impossibility unless you have an Aggressor-class Star Destroyer which can bombard a planet from an extremely long range. Any hulking cruiser coming to close to the planet will be pulled in and smashed against the planet's crust. Remembering that Malachor's irregular surface and weather patterns will demand extreme proximity and a considerable amount of time to line up a shot. We are talking hours, lots of hours.

And then of course, Traya can simply escape on the Scimitar.

Well there are many ways he can go about this attack, but he is patient, he can keep the Daragon Pass blocked off and he could very well send the fleets down those long routes whilst gradually making incursions to prod and find weaknesses, he is going to figure out what is going on especially when he realises a fleet he himself commanded is taking down his ships.

An scouting fleet is more than possible, but at some point Malgus has to bring in the big guns if he want's to secure total victory. Remember this is Darth Traya equipped with a stealth fleet we are talking about here, not some chump, she is more than capable of eradicating a token force without a single casualty.

That's Admiral Trench commanding the fleet. It's up to him to 'eradicate a token force without a single casualty.'

He'll know they're destroyed.

He won't know how.

He won't know the precise location of the fleet.

He won't know enough...

Besides, what you forget is Traya's precognition, she could quite easily see Malgus' plans ahead of time and adjust accordingly, really allowing for her to keep the Interdictor Web up.

Besides, if he tries to use a different route it's possible she could set up Interdictor fields there too.

He'll know that they were destroyed en route to their target. And that the only way for that to happen was if they were pulled out of hyperspace.

Hmm?

He'll know that they were destroyed en route to their target. And that the only way for that to happen was if they were pulled out of hyperspace.

Hmm?

Wait..... This just sparked something.

Is Malgus aware of this Technology? Does he get auto-awareness of it or can I catch him COMPLETELY off guard with it?

Hmm?

Pretty sure that there's tech in-canon to destroy/chase down enemies in hyperspace. I believe Thrawn or the Emperor's clone used it. It was supposed to be ancient tech that Palp captured.

That's Admiral Trench commanding the fleet. It's up to him to 'eradicate a token force without a single casualty.'
Just because Traya is not an Admiral does not mean she possesses no resourcefulness in regards to naval situations. She has plenty I can assure you in any situation.

EDIT: Essentially I'd rather say Traya because saying Trench rules out any possible from involvement from Traya in such a situation, which I don't think we can say for certain. Especially with shatterpoint and foresight under her belt.

Unless of course Traya manages to have the communications ship captured and give them an all clear... attributing it to some technical malfunction of some sort.

I have a question in regard to the plan using interdictors to trap Malgus' fleet:

Given that Force-Sensitives can sense danger, and that the majority of Malgus' forces are sith warriors, isn't it likely at least some of them will sense that something's wrong and not blindly rush into the trap? (if i'm incorrect on how that works feel free to disregard the question, I've just found it odd that in most of the battles involving large numbers of force users, none of them ever seem to get the innate danger sense that goes with being a force user)

I have a question in regard to the plan using interdictors to trap Malgus' fleet:

Given that Force-Sensitives can sense danger, and that the majority of Malgus' forces are sith warriors, isn't it likely at least some of them will sense that something's wrong and not blindly rush into the trap? (if i'm incorrect on how that works feel free to disregard the question, I've just found it odd that in most of the battles involving large numbers of force users, none of them ever seem to get the innate danger sense that goes with being a force user)

Their danger sense will come to late to save them. It usually happens a few seconds more the danger reveals itself, not enough time to avert course or anything. And I doubt any of them are powerful enough to have strong premonitions.