The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Tournament - Dark Imperium vs Undying Brotherhood

Beniboybling

it will slow him down.

Precisely.

Malgus' first fleet, a Small force, Durge and a fleet of about 150 ships sent along the Daragon Trail.

It'll be obliterated from crashing into it's own forces and caught off guard, communications jammed the fleet goes down.

That is ALL Traya needs to go for an attack on Kaas. That Delay... First Malgus has to realise his fleet isn't responding, then he has to figure out what happened (because they stopped responding long before they could have hit the planet) etc etc...

Whilst Malgus may take the front charge he'll only do that if necessary, and the FIRST engagement will not be necessary, it will only be risky.

TL;DR: Malgus and Vindicaa will be on Dromund Kaas. The Fleet will be destroyed, and Traya landing, before Malgus scrambles another fleet and plots a new course.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ventress will either be dead, on Korriban or aboard a another fleet taking an alternate route. She has no reason to return to Dromund Kaas. Malgus certainly won't value her as a bodyguard. Likewise the same applies for Malgus if he's on the frontlines. Though it is possible Ventress could be captured, but Traya would have to be aware of her first.

And so your saying that if Revan turned up on the Emperor's Space Station HK-47 would defect? Some evidence of that would be appreciated.

Stopping off on Korriban won't take Long...

Traya + Shatterpoint = Aware of Ventress.

As for the HK thing, he says so during your conversation after you find out you're Revan. He tells you his hidden functions and his memories have been restored upon returning to his original master, as Revan always programmed him as such in case he should be captured, I can get the exact lines for you shortly.

Stopping off on Korriban won't take Long...

Traya + Shatterpoint = Aware of Ventress.

As for the HK thing, he says so during your conversation after you find out you're Revan. He tells you his hidden functions and his memories have been restored upon returning to his original master, as Revan always programmed him as such in case he should be captured, I can get the exact lines for you shortly.

Fraid Shatterpoint doesn't work like that.

Commentary: I am, experiencing something unusual, master.

Answer; My programming is activating my Deleted memory core, I believe I have a... A homing system, that is restoring it master.

Explanation: I believe so master, I was unaware of my Homing beacon until it was activated.

It seems that the homing system deliberately restores my lost memory core upon... upon returning to my original master.

I have returned to you, and my full functionality is now under your personal command, it is a distinct pleasure to see you again master.

There we go.

Fraid Shatterpoint doesn't work like that.

The way she used it it does.

It's weird, I've seen no other cases of it like that but she found Fractures, splinters in Galaxies, organisations, Planets, that she never knew of previously. Splinters she could exploit.

Ventress is one such splinter.

The way she used it it does.

It's weird, I've seen no other cases of it like that but she found Fractures, splinters in Galaxies, organisations, Planets, that she never knew of previously. Splinters she could exploit.

Ventress is one such splinter.

Wait, my bad, I thought you meant she'd be aware of Ventress' presence on Korriban.

Anyway, Traya won't be able to see Ventress unless it is the case that Ventress will defect. And Ventress will only defect if Traya see's Ventress. And as per Kaggath rules paradoxes are not allowed.

I kid. :p

Malgus is not going to be in Kaas City, he will be on his flag ship, likely leading an attack, he is going to try a pincer attack on Sith space, it's his personal favourite tactic.

Also 150 ships is a bit much, larger armadas number at the most around 40-50 and that is not even going to be towards the same place, likely they will spread throughout the Malachor system, Malachor V is actually a really small planet in the system itself.

Malgus is not going to be in Kaas City, he will be on his flag ship, likely leading an attack, he is going to try a pincer attack on Sith space, it's his personal favourite tactic.

Also 150 ships is a bit much, larger armadas number at the most around 40-50 and that is not even going to be towards the same place, likely they will spread throughout the Malachor system, Malachor V is actually a really small planet in the system itself.

Malgus likes his personal space, and the Throne room on DK is better equiped for defense than a ship, when I have stealth armadas.

He will be on Dromund Kaas until he knows he wants to attack.

Wait, my bad, I thought you meant she'd be aware of Ventress' presence on Korriban.

Anyway, Traya won't be able to see Ventress unless it is the case that Ventress will defect. And Ventress will only defect if Traya see's Ventress. And as per Kaggath rules paradoxes are not allowed.

I kid. :p

Now THAT is not how shatterpoint works :p

She see's POTENTIAL breaches, and how to exploit them, so she'll be aware of Ventress and how she can be corrupted, before Ventress even thinks about laughing over imagining the slight possibility of defecting :jawa_evil:

Malgus likes his personal space, and the Throne room on DK is better equiped for defense than a ship, when I have stealth armadas.

He will be on Dromund Kaas until he knows he wants to attack.

He is going to go on the offensive, that is how he engages in campaigns, he will likely send multiple fleets down multiple routes, hoping to cut off any ships Traya sends from any attack and then mount a siege, he has fought them before and then the UB has won, because the DI is not going to last wave after wave.

Malgus likes his personal space...

Odd choice of words, sorry :p

But still, we saw it in False Emperor.

The dude literally sat on a Gigantic throne with huge Marble-like steps leading up to it. He commanded his fleets from there, instead of his flagship.

Dromund Kaas is no different, Malgus DOES NOT go charging directly into battles without knowing what's up, and if he did, he'd take the Daragon route and Die.

Why would they spread throughout the whole system?

And 40-50 ships would be them at a numbers disadvantage. Sending small fleet after fleet is just making it easier for the enemy to dispatch them - and a stealth fleet will allow this to be done with minimal casualties.

And 40-50 ships would be them at a numbers disadvantage. Sending small fleet after fleet is just making it easier for the enemy to dispatch them - and a stealth fleet will allow this to be done with minimal casualties.

Oh, and Malachor can't really be bombarded....

It's said the only thing that pulled a ship out of a Gravity Flux was Nihilus' power in the force...

Odd choice of words, sorry :p

But still, we saw it in False Emperor.

The dude literally sat on a Gigantic throne with huge Marble-like steps leading up to it. He commanded his fleets from there, instead of his flagship.

Dromund Kaas is no different, Malgus DOES NOT go charging directly into battles without knowing what's up, and if he did, he'd take the Daragon route and Die.

That space station was in the thick of the battle, Dromund Kaas is lightyears away.

Essentially you are suggesting that Malgus leave full command of his military to Grievous and sit back and do practically nothing - this is essentially all he can do from Dromund Kaas.

That space station was in the thick of the battle, Dromund Kaas is lightyears away.

Essentially you are suggesting that Malgus leave full command of his military to Grievous and sit back and do practically nothing - this is essentially all he can do from Dromund Kaas.

Incorrect.

He was on the Space Station long before the Boarding Party came to finish him off.

It's not like the Republic/Empire attacked, so he decided to go to the Space Station, land in the docking bay and march into his throne room.

You can't command Fleets from DK, no, but you can command an Empire. He tells the fleets where to go, and when he KNOWS that the battle will need him, if he KNOWS that Traya or Maul are there he will go personally. He doesn't take unnecessary risks.

One wave of fifty ships is hardly a dint, the first few waves will be sent with Malgus on one of the larger fleets, eventually they will get what is happening and most likely start sending in bigger fleets and probably wait for the fleets commanded by Grievous and Ventress to arrive in Sith space, simply put he will attempt to surround, cut-off and destroy.

With every fleet the DI takes down the more ships they lose, the DI can't afford losses, the UB has more than enough to sustain such a rate of attrition, eventually the DI is going to be pressed back to Malachor V for a last stand, at that point, the UB just use Base Delta Zero and blow Malachor V into the cosmic wind.

Incorrect.

He was on the Space Station long before the Boarding Party came to finish him off.

It's not like the Republic/Empire attacked, so he decided to go to the Space Station, land in the docking bay and march into his throne room.

You can't command Fleets from DK, no, but you can command an Empire. He tells the fleets where to go, and when he KNOWS that the battle will need him, if he KNOWS that Traya or Maul are there he will go personally. He doesn't take unnecessary risks.

I repeat, that space station was in the thick of the battle, Dromund Kaas is lightyears away.

Malgus came to Ilum, landed on the planet's surface, did some stuff, then he defected bringing the Emperor's Battle Station into orbit above the planet and commanding the invasion of the planet from there - while a naval battle raged around him that he was most likely in control of. He was in the system, the whole time.

And finally, Malgus doesn't have an Empire to command. He has a military and some assets. Telling his forces where to go is all well and good but effective command can only be established in person. And Malgus is just too hands on to possibly neglect that. Nor is he a coward. If Malgus feared death so much he wouldn't ever enter a battlefield straight away until he could be sure it was "safe". That is simply not his personality, he's never done it before.

I repeat, that space station was in the thick of the battle, Dromund Kaas is lightyears away.

Malgus came to Ilum, landed on the planet's surface, did some stuff, then he defected bringing the Emperor's Battle Station into orbit above the planet and commanding the invasion of the planet from there - while a naval battle raged around him that he was most likely in control of. He was in the system, the whole time.

And finally, Malgus doesn't have an Empire to command. He has a military and some assets. Telling his forces where to go is all well and good but effective command can only be established in person. And Malgus is just too hands on to possibly neglect that. Nor is he a coward. If Malgus feared death so much he wouldn't ever enter a battlefield straight away until he could be sure it was "safe". That is simply not his personality, he's never done it before.

Kk, even better. He'll charge through the Daragon pass and get slaughtered :D

Kk, even better. He'll charge through the Daragon pass and get slaughtered :D

His ships are all made with Rakata technology, two of them held off an entire Republic armada single-handedly until the Republic had Battle Meditation turn the tide.

That doesn't sound like much of a slaughter to me.

One wave of fifty ships is hardly a dint, the first few waves will be sent with Malgus on one of the larger fleets, eventually they will get what is happening and most likely start sending in bigger fleets and probably wait for the fleets commanded by Grievous and Ventress to arrive in Sith space, simply put he will attempt to surround, cut-off and destroy.

With every fleet the DI takes down the more ships they lose, the DI can't afford losses, the UB has more than enough to sustain such a rate of attrition, eventually the DI is going to be pressed back to Malachor V for a last stand, at that point, the UB just use Base Delta Zero and blow Malachor V into the cosmic wind.

An scouting fleet is more than possible, but at some point Malgus has to bring in the big guns if he want's to secure total victory. Remember this is Darth Traya equipped with a stealth fleet we are talking about here, not some chump, she is more than capable of eradicating a token force without a single casualty.

But I agree Malgus will send a small force to scout the area first, which will remove the need for him to remain behind on Dromund Kaas - detached from his force and unable to react personally to the various stimuli that will not doubt surface. Let alone defeat Traya if she makes an appearance before she can escape.

But also remember the nature of the force we are dealing with. They can render themselves invisible at will, making them easily capable of escaping and/or bypassing the enemy's every defense. What's more it will take some time for any fleets taking alternate routes to arrive, time Malgus simply does not have. By then who knows how much the battlefield could have changed, Traya's plan - whatever it may be - will certainly be in full swing.

And BSDing Malachor V is a practical impossibility unless you have an Aggressor-class Star Destroyer which can bombard a planet from an extremely long range. Any hulking cruiser coming to close to the planet will be pulled in and smashed against the planet's crust. Remembering that Malachor's irregular surface and weather patterns will demand extreme proximity and a considerable amount of time to line up a shot. We are talking hours, lots of hours.

And then of course, Traya can simply escape on the Scimitar.

His ships are all made with Rakata technology, two of them held off an entire Republic armada single-handedly until the Republic had Battle Meditation turn the tide.

That doesn't sound like much of a slaughter to me.

It wasn't two, there were far far more vessels. The cutscenes just didn't portray that all too well. Yet despite that with Bastila's battle meditation alone they were overcome by the Republic forces.

And remember we are dealing with stealthed Harrower-class dreadnoughts here - a fleet which would supposedly make him invisible, and more than capable of carrying out his rather grand vision.