HK51 Quest Reset (Please give us timeline for fix)

Gungaden

Spent the better part of the weekend and Monday doing this quest line on my character on the empire side. Spent Monday night going 1-10 on the Republic side with my family. Logged in, got the republic part, sent to our empire toons. Once we logged in on them we realized the quest has reset. I noticed another post around here somewhere with a Bioware update to the effect of sorry will will try and prevent that from happening in the future. If this companion is not either awarded to us or our quest reset you will have a family of 4 cancelling our subscriptions with the a few friends who play with us to follow I am sure. Please find us a real update.

you do realize they are properly not going to push out a fix???

Its point less how are they going to know what stage everyone is on???

Best thing to do is to log a ticket with CS and say what part you were on and how many bits you have!

Ticket open. Not sure what to expect as far as a fix goes but I am not happy with "Sorry won't let it happen again."

Ticket open. Not sure what to expect as far as a fix goes but I am not happy with "Sorry won't let it happen again."

All MMO's experience bugs, I started back in UO. You'll see bugs (quest screw up that are multi-stage) happen typically whenever they do maintenance. This is not limited to TOR as WoW gets nailed by this one pretty regularly as well. EQ regularly would screw over someone on a legendary build quest durign a maintenance period.

So you got hit by it, it sucks but continue on. The HK quest, upon doing the begining part again, will re-aquire the peices still in your inventory. No harm, no foul. Or they SHOULD, at anyrate. Besides, if 4 of you are doign this at the same time the peices should be fast to collect if you work in grid patterns, just look up dulfy for the map areas to grid over.

All MMO's experience bugs, I started back in UO. You'll see bugs (quest screw up that are multi-stage) happen typically whenever they do maintenance. This is not limited to TOR as WoW gets nailed by this one pretty regularly as well. EQ regularly would screw over someone on a legendary build quest durign a maintenance period.

So you got hit by it, it sucks but continue on. The HK quest, upon doing the begining part again, will re-aquire the peices still in your inventory. No harm, no foul. Or they SHOULD, at anyrate. Besides, if 4 of you are doign this at the same time the peices should be fast to collect if you work in grid patterns, just look up dulfy for the map areas to grid over.

inventory parts are all gone except for the one I just sent over from the republic side. I have played MMO's for well over 11 years and understand bugs. But the original post reply I saw earlier that said sorry we will make sure the Dev's don't do that in the future is what does not sit well. I am very high on not wasting time, and to me no fix or solution to this problem means that quite a few hours of my time was for nothing and I am sorry I will not just let that go.

Unless they just do a roll back i dont see this getting fixed and even then im not sure. IM in the same boat although i wasnt sure where i would do the empire part. Im not overly happy about it but this happens with coding sometimes and they apologized for it so its just something we have to deal with at this point

Hey folks,

If you were affected by this issue, submitting a customer support ticket is definitely the right approach. Please submit a ticket to CS from the character affected with any relevant information and CS will take it from there.

-eric

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6762900#edit6762900

Looks like they are going to try and fix them one at a time. At a guess, there's probably no way to restore the quest in the state it was in for everyone without a full rollback, so they will try to manage it case by case.

I don't envy the CS staff that will have to deal with these tickets. I'm betting restoring will be difficult, and I imagine the rage will be strong.

Hopefully they can get everyone fixed, though.

• 2 years later...

For those that are wanting to file a CS report, I did 2 days ago. Finally got a responce. CS claims they are unable to do anything about the problem as it is a "bug" and will be needed to be fixed in a future update. The responce i got is quoted below:

Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human-Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us about the issue you encountered. This particular case appears to have been caused by a bug within the game that will need to be corrected in a future game update and as such, cannot be corrected by Customer Service.

To allow us to identify and correct these issues, we would request that you submit a Bug Report on this issue. Bug Reports submitted though the In-Game Help Center go directly to our development QA team and not to Customer Service. To submit a bug, you can type /bug in your chat window or select Bug Report from the drop down when creating a new ticket in the In-Game Help Center.

So much for help from CS. I am hearing sporadic reports by other people that CS has advanced their quest past the parts collection section of the quest. This seems reasonable to me. But I guess it all depends on who answers your CS ticket whether it will happen or not.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.