Black Talon crash

Alxrey

I would like to no too.

Since I started playing this game, Black Talon, The Esseles and The Foundry all crash on me in the same places, all the time. I can get around it for now by using the low graphics settings and minimizing the window, but it's been a year already.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep I can confirm this issue.

The crash occurs for a lot of people (though not everyone) during Black Talon and Foundry during a conversation. In both Flash Points it happens when during those conversations the ship goes into hyperspace. in Black Talon it's at the end when you've chosen to go to DK or back to the Fleet. In Foundry it happens in the beginning when you talk to the first person there and go into hyperspace. It's when the hyperspace animation starts that the crash occurs. You can literally feel the game becoming unstable and then poof you're out of the game. I don't have this happen to me in Foundry anymore but in Black Talon every time. In Foundry there is however always at least one person that gets disconnected during that convo.

Black Talon - last interactive, when you select your destination from the console

Esseles - the one before last, talking to the captain after return to the bridge, this also often does not progress so that reconnecting places you back at this point and not at the last conversation to end the mission.

Both can sometimes be avoided by using Fullscreen or 'normal' windowed video option and minimising the game after selecting this (ALT-TAB) & waiting until the 'warp' effect is over, but not always"

One person I run this with never survives the transition, I can, with the game minimised more often than not stay connected, but it does require changing my in-game video settings every time!

& to add insult to injury, this well known 'bug' is not in any list, the game logs do not log it , so support closes all tickets and bug reports automatically.

It is not that this is a new bug it's as old as the beta, and counting!

Edited by GythralSWTOR