mission skills

SethMorganaa

Hi peeps,

Im fairly new at this game, and loving it.

Now, I was just thinking; At the moment im gona do a 'get lots of credits' phase, before I think, if I ever do, a craft skill (cause I know I will need a lot of credits before I choose one of them, but they look fun)

However, I was looking at the Mission Skills, and thought, that would it be the case that Mission skills like Treasure Hunting, Underworld Trading, Investigation, and Diplomacy have the highest yield for credits. I mean If I have, for example Treasure Hunting, Archeology, and Scavenging, the price for Archeology and Scavenging goods wont be so high on the GTN, because you can have them also as Gathering Skills?

So my best bet would be 3 of the Mission Skills, that you can get on Gathering Skills, and if thats correct, which three, out of the four would be the best.

Sorry, not always good at explaining things. Hope it makes sense.

Any answer and thoughts much appreciated.

Cheers, and happy gaming

:rak_03:

p.s Just to say I have over a million credits saved up already from bits and bobs over time, but its taken me quite a struggle to get that. Anyway, so sending them out on Mission Skills wont be a prob

Edited by SethMorganaa

p.s Just to say I have over a million credits saved up already from bits and bobs over time, but its taken me quite a struggle to get that. Anyway, so sending them out on Mission Skills wont be a prob

If you already have 1 million credits, I would just start with a Crafting Skill and the related Gathering and Mission Skills. You can still make a lot of money and save a lot of money for your alts that way. It might take some time before you can make decent money, because keep RE-ing to get Artifact gear that sells well. Stay away from Armortech and Synthweaving: the CM killed the money making abilities of these two except for their augments.

If you don't want a Crafting Skill at all, pick Slicing and two other Gathering Skills. Mission Skill rewards only sell slightly above the cost to get them. Players can get Gathering Skills rewards for free from nodes scattered on planets. (Although, those with a low level Gathering Skill will have to go to a low level planet to find nodes they can use.)

There is a good guide to how to save money and have "Critical Successes" while crafting on a class by class basis at: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=132015 . Saving money will increase your profits.

However, I was looking at the Mission Skills, and thought, that would it be the case that Mission skills like Treasure Hunting, Underworld Trading, Investigation, and Diplomacy have the highest yield for credits. I mean If I have, for example Treasure Hunting, Archeology, and Scavenging, the price for Archeology and Scavenging goods wont be so high on the GTN, because you can have them also as Gathering Skills?

You would be incorrect in that assessment.

FACT: most players run mission skill missions for the purple materials and dump the the blues just to get something back (i've bought stacks of UT metals and Sliced parts for 120 per unit when the missions cost 500-700 per unit). And while the purple materials are profitable, unless you have a significant number of characters with the same mission skill chances are you will encounter dry spells (where getting those purples will seem nigh impossible), so consistent profitability is an issue.

IN MY EXPERIENCE: even though there are two sources of gathering skill materials their usual price point on the GTM is profitable even if you only get them through missions. On average, running gathering missions costs approximately 500-600 credits per unit, but many of them sell for 800-1000 (and beyond) per unit on the GTM.

IN MY EXPERIENCE: non-top end crafted goods tend to sell for more than the sum of the material values; if you do the math you will find that crafting is more profitable than "gathering" in this game. Gathering is easier because there is less to worry about and deal with, but if you put in the resources you will make more credits crafting than gathering. But the closer you get to the top-end the less profit margin there is to be had (most of those who sell grade 31 item modifications are 100% dependent on crit crafting to profit).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.