PvP Role Titles?

Lord_Hyperius

I came up with the idea earlier (Although I don't know if this has been suggested before), that you should be able to obtain role titles, such as: (and these are just my un-imaginative ideas) For a DPS: "The Damage Dealer" Healer: "The Medic" Tank: "The Tank" (But I'm sure you out there will have better ideas on what to call them). I think you should be able to earn these titles in PvP by, say, dealing a certain amount of damage in a single match a certain amount of times, for example: Deal 1mil Damage in a single Warzone 10 times, this of course would get you "The Damage Dealer" title, and you could do the same thing with the other roles, such as, with tank: Take a certain amount of damage without dying, a certain amount of times, would get you "The Tank" title, and same would go for "The Medic" title...

I would like to have these for a few reasons; I would like to be able to have my role displayed in the form of a title for aesthetic reasons, also, I am often finding that I get into a Warzone, and people are always asking "Do we have any healers here?"

or "Do we have a tank here?", and having these titles would mean they may be able to look around, and if someone is using one of the titles, they would know what they have without having to ask about...

So, what are your opinions on this idea?

I would be very interested to know...

(Like I said I don't know if this, or something like this has been suggested before)

Edited by Lord_Hyperius

So, what are your opinions on this idea?

I would be very interested to know...

(Like I said I don't know if this, or something like this has been suggested before)

Sure, if you want to wear a title that says you are a healer so I don't have to mark you for my team to kill you first, I'm all for it.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

Sure, if you want to wear a title that says you are a healer so I don't have to mark you for my team to kill you first, I'm all for it.

I feel this not to be a problem, you may as well just announce in general at the start of every match that you're a healer, they always notice you anyways, and if they don't notice you healing, then you're obviously doing a bad job of healing, so having a title saying that you are a healer would make little difference to me. And anyways, very rarely will I ever even bother to look at their name/title, unless they are killing me allot and are getting on my nerves...

Try PvP in secret world some time where you have to pick your role (which changes your PvP outfit) and everyone knows what outfit's mean what role you are playing. It isn't nearly as much of a boon as you think...as it also means your allies know exactly what you are at a glance and if you walk in as a healer...you get protection you could only dream of in other games.

The open arena in Secret World...walking in there as a healer nets you 2-4 dps and 2-3 tanks are going to follow you around, wherever there are 3-4 healers you find a small army of everyone else protecting them.

Mind you, your pvp rank will have some bearing on that as well....and your pvp rank is earned on a role basis. Meaning a rank 4 healer swapping to dps will be a rank 1 dps...each rank having their own outfit you auto-wear inside a pvp area.

You'd be surprised how the MMO community shifts when roles become obvious...of course SW does have alot less "glory hounds" compared to TOR in the PvP community.

I feel this not to be a problem, you may as well just announce in general at the start of every match that you're a healer, they always notice you anyways, and if they don't notice you healing, then you're obviously doing a bad job of healing, so having a title saying that you are a healer would make little difference to me. And anyways, very rarely will I ever even bother to look at their name/title, unless they are killing me allot and are getting on my nerves...

I was more joking to be honest, I actually do think it would be a cool idea. I love collecting titles. As for looking at names, I used to watch a lot of anime subtitled, plus I keep closed captions on my TV usually just because I'm used to it. So, in the game my mind automatically reads names it would actually take conscious thought to ignore the name over someone's head which is why I keep names turned off usually (except in PvP) as I can't avoid seeing them LOL

Try PvP in secret world some time where you have to pick your role (which changes your PvP outfit) and everyone knows what outfit's mean what role you are playing. It isn't nearly as much of a boon as you think...as it also means your allies know exactly what you are at a glance and if you walk in as a healer...you get protection you could only dream of in other games.

The open arena in Secret World...walking in there as a healer nets you 2-4 dps and 2-3 tanks are going to follow you around, wherever there are 3-4 healers you find a small army of everyone else protecting them.

Mind you, your pvp rank will have some bearing on that as well....and your pvp rank is earned on a role basis. Meaning a rank 4 healer swapping to dps will be a rank 1 dps...each rank having their own outfit you auto-wear inside a pvp area.

You'd be surprised how the MMO community shifts when roles become obvious...of course SW does have alot less "glory hounds" compared to TOR in the PvP community.

True, I was partiallly joking in what I said, but yeah I did play SW for awhile (keep planning to return to it, but I have so many MMOs I enjoy but not enough time to play them all LOL)

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.