Make Group Finder Queue Pop Sound Louder

AdrianDmitruk

I have background audio enabled and I've tried to tamp down other background noises so I can hear something when GF pop happens. If I want to get the GF daily done on a DPS that doesn't have tank gear, I understand it will take a while to pop, and I don't mind waiting.

What I *DO* mind is that I cannot tab out of the game and go ice mining in EVE (where I've also turned volume down) or something as the indication sound is WAAAAAAAAY too quiet. I've missed two pops tonight because the damn queue sound (which I can't adjust independently of all other sounds in the game) is insufficient for me to hear over other background noise and prompt me to tab back into SWTOR and accept the pop. I don't mind waiting but I'd rather have the flexibility not to drool over the SWTOR screen for 45 minutes while I wait for the pop (which didn't happen when I was doing my Czerka dailies).

I would NEVER have this problem with a warzone pop, which is much louder and more distinctive. Please adjust the Group Finder pop accordingly.

• 1 year later...

Holy Gravedig Batman!

But yeah, more than a year later, still hasn't been fixed. By now I have at least enough tank gear to "get by" tanking the HMs when I need a prompt queue pop...or when I don't mind waiting for a DPS pop but I want to alt-tab and do something else while I'm waiting...

I certainly don't want to be forced to tank just because I can't reliably hear GF pop sound if I queue as DPS and do something else while I'm waiting for the queue. Tacticals aren't enough as they don't give the same comms (nor should they).

Warzones don't have this problem; I can hear a warzone pop all the way from my restroom, so why does the GF pop have to be so ridiculously quiet?

I guess with Conquests getting more people to do flashpoints more people are noticing this?

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

Yup, I've missed the Group Finder pop sound-effect a few times, and only because of Pandora playing which was actually at a somewhat quiet volume, ironically so I could hear the game sounds still... but still didn't notice the sound of that Group Finder pop.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.