End Game Gearing - Just resubbed

Strifegambit

Hi All

I just resubbed & picked up the expansion, hit level 51 last night & compelted the Section X dailies as well as starting on Makeb story missions.

I currently run full rakata lvl 50 gear which i had before I stopped playing.

What is the process to begin gearing for engame with all this new content, is there certain dailies I should be doing to get new gear before entering Flash points or Operations or can I jump straight in at 55 with my Rakata stuff ?

Thanks again all

I just came back last month, and my Rakata made the later stages of Makeb interesting, if not difficult and I got **** on the only time I attemted a lvl 55 HM in them. Howevr my Sorc was in mostly Black Hole/Campaign and that was much easier getting through Makeb. I then started grinding Section X and The new Czerka dailies for basic comms to get up to 66's and used my creds to buy a few 69 mods and such. I still don't know if I'm prepared for the lvl 55 Ops yet, as I haven't tried for fear of embarrasing, boss-fight face-****ings.

Hi All

I just resubbed & picked up the expansion, hit level 51 last night & compelted the Section X dailies as well as starting on Makeb story missions.

I currently run full rakata lvl 50 gear which i had before I stopped playing.

What is the process to begin gearing for engame with all this new content, is there certain dailies I should be doing to get new gear before entering Flash points or Operations or can I jump straight in at 55 with my Rakata stuff ?

Thanks again all

Check your planetary commendations - all planets give the same comm. units now and whatever individual planetary comms you had are now generic Planet Comms - and they add up. You'll want to go to the Makeb commendation vendor (on Makeb first staging area or on the fleet) and upgrade as much as you can. Makeb planetary mods are level 58 and will be better than your Rakata gear, so eat up!

You'll want to do the lvl 50 HM Flashpoints too and the weeklies that come with them to start earning Classic and Basic comms (these will improve on the Makeb mods until you hit 55). Of course, the pre-55 Ops also will drop goodies and commies that will help your pre-55 gear up.

That help?

I only started playing a few months ago and found DUly's article extremely helpful:

http://dulfy.net/2013/04/14/swtor-level-55-endgame-gearing-guide/

Gives a great run down of what gear tiers you can get and how you get them. Also a great guide on all the missions available to collect comms etc. The poster above me did a good job of explaining, this article is just very in-depth. Hope this helps!