Stop the madness! WZ's need an overhaul!

Marrius

I originally posted this in the community forum but maybe it should be here...

I am tired of joining a 3-4 man team on a WZ when the opponent has a full team. We get no commendations and our time is wasted. I am not sure if people are intentionally manipulating the cue- (In which case, those caught should have their accounts and any accounts affiliated to that account perma-banned) -or if it is just the poor planning by BioWare when developing WZ's

I am on Jung Ma and our WZ's are always dominated by The Regulators; an over geared under talented mob of misfits who tend to work very well together. In so doing they have single-handedly (though perhaps unintentionally) hurt our server's WZ by chasing many people away.

What I propose are a few things I believe may solve these problems (of which I am sure exist on other servers):

1) Make cross server WZ's This was done very successfully in WoW as it reduced cue waiting times. It could also serve to eliminate one or two guilds' monopoly over a single server.

2) Close WZ sessions where less than 80% of the team are present do not award any commendations for a cancelled WZ. This would help with cheating where people cue up but do not log in. It also would help with teams who's members drop off giving the opposing team overwhelming numbers.

2a) As part of 2) If someone logs off or cues up and does not log in to a WZ they should be banned from the WZ for a minimum of 1 hour. Nobody likes a cheater or a poor sport. (I am sorry if your internet sucks but the rest of us should not be penalized because you can only afford dial-up. I play through a VPN in China and I only occasionally have problems.)

3) Allow match choice when cuing into WZ's. I personally hate Hutt Ball and I would like the option to cue into the WZ's that I like.

4) Set up a choice between match WZ's and solo Wz's whereby solo WZs would not allow group cuing. Let guilds like the Regulators be challenged by other organised PVP guilds. It must get boring for them when they have no opposition. I am sure they would welcome the challenge. And it would help others to enjoy the WZ element of the game more.

I believe if we implement these few simple ideas, we will see a better community which will result in a better game.

Please add other ideas if you so like.

PS. note I not only gave my idea but supported the argument. Please respect the spirit in which this thread was written and respond in kind. Trolls will not be fed!

Thank you for your time.

Marrius

2.4 will eliminate 8 man queing entirely. People will only be able to "group que" in a normal 4 man group once 2.4 goes live. This is due to arena's being 4 on 4 and being apart of regular wz group finding.

This post has nothing to do with ranked warzones, which is the only place where there actually CAN be a full 8-man team. 2.4 will do nothing to alleviate the OP's concerns. Apart from that, you're absolutely right. :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.