main stat for gunslinger percentage?

Rang-o

I have a gunslinger and was wondering what percentage should my main stat be? I am a level 55. I am about 2500 on cunning. I was thinking of doing power augments now?

With high power mods and skill augments I sit right around 3000 cunning and 950 power I believe without logging in to check. So you still need to get a bit more gear it sounds like.

Diminishing returns are only active for crit, surge, accuracy, alacrity, defense, shield, and absorb. In other words, power and mainstat receive no diminish at all. However, the crit bonus from your mainstat does diminish, but the bonus damage from it, and the stat itself, do not.

For a slinger, I would absolutely say mainstat.

The reasoning behind this:

1 power = .23 bonus damage.

1 cunning = .2 bonus damage.

However, you get 9% more cunning, then 5% more cunning from buff. Which means every point of cunning is actually worth 1.14 points of cunning. .2 * 1.14 = 2.28 bonus damage. In other words, the difference in damage bonus per point for power and cunning with a slinger will be .02 bonus damage, whereas going cunning will also give you a little bit of crit.

Really, the only times someone should consider power over mainstat, in my opinion, are classes and builds where crit is largely negligible, and they do not receive a mainstat boost. In other words, marauder/sentinel and assassin/shadow are the only ones I would consider it on.

Edited by Torgru