The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Stop charging for collected items

Good Morning.

Did a search couldn't see anything so here goes.

Stop charging CC's for other chars to use items you have already collected on another toon. That's just a bloody rip-off, especially when you have just spent 1400 odd coins on a new suit then have to spend another handful to unlock that suit on your other toons. Same for weapons, speeders, crystals, etc.

Collect it and it should be available to all, no extra charges, ever.

DTR

I can agree with that, or at least make it really low cost to unlock. Like you say, after spending 1400 credits on something, you don't want to have to spend another 600 to unlock the thing. That's just greedy...but we are talking about EA/Bioware, can't say I'm shocked.

Good Morning.

Did a search couldn't see anything so here goes.

Stop charging CC's for other chars to use items you have already collected on another toon. That's just a bloody rip-off, especially when you have just spent 1400 odd coins on a new suit then have to spend another handful to unlock that suit on your other toons. Same for weapons, speeders, crystals, etc.

Collect it and it should be available to all, no extra charges, ever.

DTR

Never going to happen.

The alternative is for them to remove collections entirely and instead you would need to collect the item on each character (as in "the old days").

You are not forced to use collections - you can still collect items on each character instead.

And how can x million which crystals unlocked for all for a few hundred cc's or a mask, or a rare mount not be a bargain?

Surely, for example, 240cc to have a white Hawkeye on every single character you've currently created, or might create in the future on any server is a bargain compared to having to purchase the item individually for each character?

Collections system added a way for a few cc's to get an item multiple times.

You already have an option - don't use the system and carry on as before.

When I started playing in december '12 you HAD to buy everything multiple times if you wanted to use them on alts or even duplicates on the same character. Imagine - you're a bounty hunter and you want the latest blaster pistol from the cartel market. If you're a merc that meant shelling out for it TWICE. Not anymore, as the collection system allows you to clone the blaster and that doesn't even cost you CC. The same is true for the sought after crystals. Now if you have one added you can clone it multiple times so your character can equip one in the offhand too, for free.

Now the unlocks are even more awesome as they're account wide. Practically all my monthly CC goes into that system for crystals, armorings, and emotes. It's a fantastic system for someone that has many alts and I cannot disagree more with the OP when the statement is: it's not good enough. This needs to be completely free.

No. It's awesome. Bioware has done an amazing job and the CCs spent keep the game running.

Ok, points accepted :)

How about an option to unlock with credits? Seeing as not everyone can afford thousands of CC's to unlock this stuff? Maybe keep this option for subs only, so BW still get their monthly money.

DTR

100% agree I actually came ehre to make a post ont hat specific idea, once weve paid for it with cc, let us unlock it on others with in game credits, but make it bound when we do so to not kill economies. the idea is if you unlock the cartel item in your collection with cartel coins ie you paid for it, leave it boe, but if you just wnat to unlock it for yoru alt, let us use credits in game and make it bound.

100% agree I actually came ehre to make a post ont hat specific idea, once weve paid for it with cc, let us unlock it on others with in game credits, but make it bound when we do so to not kill economies. the idea is if you unlock the cartel item in your collection with cartel coins ie you paid for it, leave it boe, but if you just wnat to unlock it for yoru alt, let us use credits in game and make it bound.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, but the items are not BoE.

Items only get added to the Collection once you equip them (and thus bind them to you), it doesn't matter whether you bought them right off the CM for 1400CC or bought them off the GTN for several million credits.

Collection items will never be BoE, that's the reason you don't see 10 pages of every piece of Revan's outfit.