The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Gungan Freelancer

Sithsabres

I think a good idea for a new mercenary companion would be a Gungan. I think it'd be fun for SW to kind of get away from the typical stereotypes caused by Jar Jar, and have a Gungan who is battle hardened, knows the ways of the Galaxy due to exploration and years of space travel, and has worked as a Mercenary most of his life. Maybe some facial scarring or an eye patch, to make them look more intimidating, which is rare for a Gungan.

Maybe to have them speak in the common language, no huttese, with maybe the accent/voice similar to that of the Gungan that helps Jar Jar during the droid invasion of Naboo.

I was thinking a ranged tank/ranged DPS play style, with a blaster rifle and shield off-hand. With some amount of maneuverable abillities with a kiting like play style. Perhaps a jet pack to jump backwards, or have the blue orb bombs used on Naboo during Phantom Menace, as an AoE knockback.

I also think he could use a fire attacks for DPS, where he's more AoE orientated instead of single target... Such as using abilities like a flame thrower, where all enemies around him get afflicted by immediate fire damage and a DoT. He'd have to have a small range, for his abilities due to the fact a flamethrower can't stretch that far to have effectiveness instead of running in and out of combat. Like Bounty Hunters, Smugglers etc, he could have melee attacks with their ranged weapon.

Any other suggestions are welcome in the comments below, I think this is a good outline for a new companion and there's room for a past story, if he's been travelling in space for years as the only real, not scared of combat Gungan.