What This Game Used to Have but No Longer Does and Should Have Again

MetalKingSlime

This was my first MMO and I was one of those who bought simply for the single player because of KotoR. Despite never intending to join a guild, I threw caution to the wind and one day did just that and it is because i joined this guild that I play this game to this day.

I fell in love of this game playing Lost Island with my tank friend back when it was a relatively big deal. I was forced to get to know and become proficient at my sentinel. We played that instance to death eventually pulling in other guildies; by the end doing it 20 minutes and not controlling the medics for fun. We even ended up doing it two man just for fun (micromanaging our docs was a bit difficult) and when we did pug people we left them very happy and some even sought to join our guild based solely upon their run.

We ran LI not because of the Rakata chest that dropped at the end; we ran it because it was exhilarating to master it together. This is the kind of content this game sorely needs. Excellent, challenging, 4-player content on a daily lockout or none at all. It needs to drop some sort of gear that makes people want to do it at first (perhaps an Underworld piece), but its chief value needs to be in its design so that you find yourself replaying the instance weeks after it has ceased to become relevant to your gearing needs.

As of now there is nothing worthwhile to do on a day to day basis for a PvE player; about all I do with my guildies now is raid two nights a week. The rest of the times I log in I am mostly wasting time either parsing or just aimlessly walking around hoping that someone will come up with something cool to do together. Perhaps I log in too frequently, but still some of those times I should have something worthwhile to do with my game friends.

There are many other places where this game has failed to live up to its original design as it has transitioned to a minimal service for subscribers and a cash shop, but this is by far the biggest in my mind. If I had a new LI to run with my guildies, I would be thousands of times more satisfied.