New looks on OP reward gear. NOT just different colors.

Lastchylde

Issue:

Ok so since the expansion I've noticed a distinct lack of effort with regard to variety of the level 55 endgame gear. You know the gear given from commendations, pvp points and boss loot drops. First let me ask why is there no difference between the appearance of PVE and PVP gear? There should be distinct looks between these two styles of play at the very least. And what happened to new patterns/looks with the Nightmare gear? People work so much harder to earn this gear. Why not reward them properly by giving them distinct looks that lets other players know this person was rewarded and if they WANT that look, they need to try harder to get it. I mean isn't what you want? Players will continue to support the game if you give them a reasons to stick around. One big reason is the ability to run around looking like a bad *** with a look that shows others that you achieved something worth while in the game. This is part of the fun of these games. EPIC looking gear that's ultra rare a reward for doing something most people find hard!

In the end what I guess I am trying to say is: no matter what you do once you hit 55, you still end up with the same ugly styles no matter what flashpoint you run, or pvp match you win or what operation you run. The only real outstanding difference is that its just colored differently. And if you think about it, you guys GAVE us the ability to change gear color at will, so what's the point of different colored pieces in the first place? Personally I don't like any of styles for any class and some of it just doesn't make sense astatically. Now I understand from a business point of view you probably make more money selling different adaptable gear in the Cartel Market. But the endgame gear is so ugly and boring its rare to see anyone wearing it outwardly. Hey! Don't just save all the cooler looking styles for the Cartel Market! It cheapens the game when people can just buy the cooler looks and not earn them. And really why do you seem to favor people who buy Cartel Coins? Most players who run ops and tougher pvp are subscribers so you are getting money from them anyway.

Suggestions for solutions:

My advice is to check out other games and see what works for them and then adapt that to the Star Wars universe. Why not gear that has effects and class specific themes like: crystals with flashing lightning bolts (for a sith inquisitor) or glowing floating rocks (for jedi consulars). I mean you can find elements for each class that suits them and really expand on the look if you wanted to with different types of flash and flare. But with the current gear, it looks like the fashion department and the gear programmers just phoned it. There is TONS of source material in the comic books, fan-art, cos-play community, even your own games (Mass Effect) etc... there's really no excuse for not trying. I mean look at why some the Cartel Market items are so popular. It because it catches the eye and that's what some gamers want.

My final question/observation is why aren't you rewarding players who put in the work to be better swtor gamers?

So c'mon throw a bone to the players that work hard to achieve in your game by trying a bit harder to make cooler looking endgame gear. I think they deserve it.

They have noticed that most of the endgame players rip th emods out and put it in other stuff. It's been going on for so long that they choose to not make the armor's look as much of a priority anymore. Why put alot of resources into armor that players regularly discard? Players have been, and always will be, more interested in not looking like carbon copies of one another. End game gear homogenizes looks in every game. All players of a given class look the same.

PvP and PvE used to look different. All they got was headaches from PvErs wanting the PvP look without having to get valor rank 60. This was back when valor came far slower than it does now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.