Faction independent classes

Starglitter

Hi:

I wrote as a comment in one of the many threads asking for a new class, and suggested it would be good if the suggestions were somehow along the lines of activities you saw in the movies.

In one I suggested a new class titled "Racer", they rac pods, ships, and what not. They are part smuggler and part tech bounty hunter...

But it occurred to me, why not have them faction neutral, that is the class is not imperial or republic. I look at the Hutt stories, they clearly operate with both factions, so the precedent is there for it. So in my suggestion fro racer, why would a competitor would care to limit the places they go and race and get fame to a particular faction, as a whole, they would not care. All they want is to go race, make money, collect technology (steal) to make their racing vehicles faster thus the Bounty Hunter to recognize the tech, and then the smuggler to get it out successfully...

Writing the stories may be a bit more challenging, but I can see re0use of missions on both sides, because one side is offering you a technology you want if you do something for them, and thus you walk a thin but exciting line.

Sue

I always felt like the Smuggler and Bounty Hunter should be "independent" from the factions seeing as its plausible that these classes were more privateer than gung ho true believers in the Republic/Imperial ideals. Then again it would totally make the game unbalanced if you allowed players to pick and choose their class's faction or created a new faction all together. Alas Bioware has stated there won't be any new factions or classes. Bummer.

But this is the suggestion area so yeah I think the adverse to your "racer" class could be "pilot". Perhaps these could be the first all roles available class allowing players to either tank, dps or heal. I believe if the Devs made a class like this it would alleviate a lot of the complaining people do about having to rerolling as well as help with the FP queues.

I think another new class could be "failed jedi" or "failed sith". The story could revolve around their distaste for the order that shunned them. Again this could be an all in one roles available class. But to balance it out, they'd be more of a support class focused more on buffs and dots and hots. Anyway those are my ideas.

I always felt like the Smuggler and Bounty Hunter should be "independent" from the factions seeing as its plausible that these classes were more privateer than gung ho true believers in the Republic/Imperial ideals. Then again it would totally make the game unbalanced if you allowed players to pick and choose their class's faction or created a new faction all together. Alas Bioware has stated there won't be any new factions or classes. Bummer.

But this is the suggestion area so yeah I think the adverse to your "racer" class could be "pilot". Perhaps these could be the first all roles available class allowing players to either tank, dps or heal. I believe if the Devs made a class like this it would alleviate a lot of the complaining people do about having to rerolling as well as help with the FP queues.

I think another new class could be "failed jedi" or "failed sith". The story could revolve around their distaste for the order that shunned them. Again this could be an all in one roles available class. But to balance it out, they'd be more of a support class focused more on buffs and dots and hots. Anyway those are my ideas.

Here is the problem with the independant smugler/bh idea.

The republic has never had a problem with smuglers, individual planets have but not the greater republic. The republic allows smuglers to operate so-long as they don't seriously break major laws. The empire however hunts down and kills smuglers, has laws so stringent and controlling with every single imperial port controlled by the military that smuglers cannot operate. Why side with tyranny that would prevent you from doing things the way you want? The smugler just wants the freedomt o fly and go about their own business, the imps will never allow it. ALL pilots in imperial space register with imperial military and can be immediatly called to fight int he military or have their liscense revoked and a shoot on sight order given at eevry spaceport. Really...who would the smugler side with?

Contrast this with the bh. The republic puts HUGE restrictions upon bounty hunters, limiting weapons, payloads, the fact that the republic also demands bounties have every attempt made to be brought in alive (the bounty event is run by the hutt cartel NOT the repubic so rep siders are working for the hutts not the republic). While the imps have no such restrictions, only that the hunters work for the empire on contractual basis. Hunters can use any weapon they want unless a specific contract states otherwise (no desintegrations) and can handle any bounty as they see fit also unless a contract specifically states alive or not. Why would you choose to work for the republic that binds your hands when the imps are giving you free reign solong as you take imp contracts?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.