The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Legacy Woes

Xakthul

I was wondering how time-consuming trying to level your legacy is. Is it worth it? I have one toon that's 36, three level 11's and a 20 in my legacy, and I'm still only lvl3 on my legacy. Is there another way to get legacy XP?

Cheers!

J'm

Well, anything that generates XP generates legacy XP, it is simply measured as a fraction of the XP generated (might be different amouts for PVP and ops, or might not), so anything that raises your level contributes to your legacy level.

That said, very little is unlocked after a certain legacy level, although treek requires legacy level 40 if you don't want to pay. I basically look every couple of legacy levels to see if anything decent is now available, and ignore it most of the time. Even the repair droid and mail droids are not worth worrying about, have my rocket boots, and a few other unlocks and that's about it.

I was wondering how time-consuming trying to level your legacy is. Is it worth it? I have one toon that's 36, three level 11's and a 20 in my legacy, and I'm still only lvl3 on my legacy. Is there another way to get legacy XP?

Cheers!

J'm

You're not alone, I have a 55 and several 20-40 level alts, I think I have 14 chars total on the server and I'm only at level 13 and been playing since the legacy system came out. To me though the only things that are worth it are having the GTN and mail on your ship, just makes things easier so you don't have to go running to fleet every time. The xp unlocks are also ok for faster leveling.

The only things I see that are worth it are the XP bonuses, the Rocket Boosters, the social abilities (those are fun), and the races. Cause I wanna play a Chiss Marauder :D. Oh yeah, and HK-51. The places they have quick travel for are way too easy to access for me to even think of buying them. DK, for example, I can get to for no creds whatsoever by using my Fleet Pass, then taking a shuttle. So what if it doesn't recharge for 12 hours? I probably have to use my ship to get back to whatever planet I was on, anyway. I have lots of fun doing the family tree and trying to explain to myself why my Zabrak Marauder has a Chiss Sniper for a cousin. :D

Cheers!

J'm