The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Help a new Powertech Pyro on the right track...

Raam

Hi everyone,

I'm a new swtor player and haven't played for more than 2-3 weeks and been toying around with different character classes.. got several class specialized, and my highest level char is a level 25 Jugg.

Now I've been intriqued by the Powertech class and would love to get a flame-thrower like character...

Can someone please help me with some skill build that builds upon primarily using flamethrower?

PvE primary, PvP secondary

DPS Primary, Tanking/healing secondary

Also.. if you could add some levelling advice... rotation and so on.. I plan on taking this char at least to level 30 to try it out and get a feel for it.

Thanks in advance.

Hey there. As odd as it may sound the spec you'll likely end up using is "advanced prototype"...it utilizes/emphasizes the flamethrower ability more than the pyro spec does. For PvE, I recommend an 8/32/2 spec at endgame. Rotation will vary as you level up but once you get to max level check forums for specific rotations/ability priority. Fortunately Advanced Prototype is decently powerful in PvE....especially come patch 2.4. See you ingame!

Hrmm.. well end-game specs are nice...

But as a casual gamer.. what I really want is something that'll make it easier to level.. then I can respec later if I need to.

With that in mind, does your advice still count?

I dont wanna think about end-game yet.. I wanna think about having fun through the first 3-4 planets and mid-level.