Strength vs Power

xBengeex

Ok guys, here is the question i have ( i did the math with 72 mods ) : which one to take as a carnage mara?

The first one (deft mod) : 84 strength 57 stamina 32 power

The second one (i dont remember the name) : 69 strength 52 stamina 57 power

The first one have 15 strength and 5 stamina more then the other (lets forget the stamina, we really dont care as a dps) and the second have 25 more power

1 Strength = 0.2 bonus damage AND 0.00269% crit

1 Power = 0.23 bonus damage

We need around 372 strength for 1% crit, so lets do the math with that!

372 strength = 74.4 bonus damage and 1% crit but if we have the mods that have more power we will get like

620 power = 142.6 bonus damage

THE QUESTION : do you think it is better to have 142.6 bonus damage or 74.4 bonus damage + 1%crit??

Okay, my marauder is built like this, and tanks reasonably well, though still retaining his DPS and Crit.

First off: buy a couple of those Cartel packs when you get your next sub stipend of Coins. Those give good crystals.

Secondly: I take Crit, Endurance, and Strength in that priority order. Strength is Melee power. Power is Force power. I have one +41 Power crystal and one +41 Crit one. That means that I get a crit on both Force and Melee attacks nearly every time I use them.:cool:

Next: Besides that Power crystal, I nixed all stats to do with power, instead going for Crit and endurance mods. My mask is mostly Endurance/Strength. My armor is mostly Crit/Endurance, and my Pants and Boots are Crit/Strength.

Therefore, I have a slightly 'out of role' Marauder who can tank and do insane DPS. Fun!:D

Cheers!

J'm

Okay, my marauder is built like this, and tanks reasonably well, though still retaining his DPS and Crit.

First off: buy a couple of those Cartel packs when you get your next sub stipend of Coins. Those give good crystals.

Secondly: I take Crit, Endurance, and Strength in that priority order. Strength is Melee power. Power is Force power. I have one +41 Power crystal and one +41 Crit one. That means that I get a crit on both Force and Melee attacks nearly every time I use them.:cool:

Next: Besides that Power crystal, I nixed all stats to do with power, instead going for Crit and endurance mods. My mask is mostly Endurance/Strength. My armor is mostly Crit/Endurance, and my Pants and Boots are Crit/Strength.

Therefore, I have a slightly 'out of role' Marauder who can tank and do insane DPS. Fun!:D

Cheers!

J'm

Feel free to ignore all of the above.

And yes, you want to use the unlettered deft mods with 69 strength 52 stamina 57 power.

As a rule of thumb, take those mods that have a higher SUM of strength+power.

Ok guys, here is the question i have ( i did the math with 72 mods ) : which one to take as a carnage mara?

The first one (deft mod) : 84 strength 57 stamina 32 power

The second one (i dont remember the name) : 69 strength 52 stamina 57 power

The first one have 15 strength and 5 stamina more then the other (lets forget the stamina, we really dont care as a dps) and the second have 25 more power

1 Strength = 0.2 bonus damage AND 0.00269% crit

1 Power = 0.23 bonus damage

We need around 372 strength for 1% crit, so lets do the math with that!

372 strength = 74.4 bonus damage and 1% crit but if we have the mods that have more power we will get like

620 power = 142.6 bonus damage

THE QUESTION : do you think it is better to have 142.6 bonus damage or 74.4 bonus damage + 1%crit??

Take the 142.6 more bonus damage. Also, your calculations are not quite complete as you need to consider the class buffs.