The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cloaks, Capes, etc clipping through vehicles

Tahhan

This has been going on for a very long time. Very distracting and breaks immersion. Any ETA on this? Am I the only one who is noticing this?

No, you are not alone. It's annoying, ugly and poor quality. Here's to hoping it'll get fixed some day.

I really enjoyed picking out the right outfit for my LS sage healer, which happened to be the wayfarer's robe. Then I saved up enough cartel certificates for the meditation chair since it looked great in the preview window, but once I equipped it i was very disappointed and unlike something's, I couldn't return this one.

A bug report said the meshes are not perfectly lined up, which was a BS answer. I'm not some car droid so I haven't got much off a clue what that means. Does it mean they can perfectly align the meshes and make us happy?? Is it something that they can never fix?

Tired of these responses that either state the obvious, focusing on a poor comparison instead of the issue or the usual, answer the question with the tidbit of info without actually answering it.

Hoping that the devs are working on a solution to this, my Marauder's cape is getting filthy being dragged along the floor behind my Overlord's Throne.

Also noticed that a lot of gear behaves strangely when character's are sitting cross legged (like in the Throne), robes wrapping around legs in really weird, distorted ways and it just looks so ugly :(

Yeah the clipping with vehicles is beyond frustrating! It even keeps me from using certain gear/vehicle combinations.

Then some like the Regal miniskirt (which both Risha and Nadia are rocking hardcore) look GREAT until they move then it breaks and clips horribly.

This level of clipping issues is just soooo unacceptable in 2013. Some games were better in 2003... I expect more. Bioware is top-notch on story, but things like this are always super annoying (no bowstrings in Dragon Age... come on).