The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Crafting Vibroswords and Blasters with Armstech

NewserCoull

I'm not sure if there is a post about this already but I have some questions. I know the title says vibroswords and blasters but it's mostly for vibroswords.Okay so I have a level 13 Juggernaut I made the other day and I decided to use/craft my own Vibroswords. Mainly because I think I should give them a shot instead of the more common lightsabers. Now obviously I have a saber or 2 in my inventory just incase I want to switch. So while I was doing my crafting, I kept RE things and learning new schematics which is great. I just want to know if there's a faster way to get the materials, craft the desired items, RE if need be, and get the recipes faster because I really want to start doing my crew skills more. If anyone knows how please let me know.

I just want to know if there's a faster way to get the materials

1. grind

2. run gathering skill missions with companions

3. buy from GTN

craft the desired items

get more companions = level up

on 25 lvl you can use 3 companions at once

on 45 lvl you can use 5 companions

below 25 lvl you can use only 2 companions at once

get the recipes faster because I really want to start doing my crew skills more.

while maximizing you skill you need only those recipes that you can buy drom trainer

then buy from GTN or run some skill missions for recipes drop when crit (slicing, underwold trading, investigation)

I just want to know if there's a faster way to get the materials,

For rarer materials the amount of affection your companion has helps, the higher the affection, the more likely they are to score a critical, which translates as rarer materials. A high presence score also helps, presence makes your companion more effective, the bonus's to presence can come from the datacrons, the 100 points bonus to presence for a level 50 human character, and the 10 points bonus per character who's affection you max out.

craft the desired items, RE if need be,

As you progress through the story you can use more companions, which helps raise your score for the crew skills, the higher the crew skill the easier it is to craft it, this won't speed it up, but it might add an augment slot, and appears to help with Reverse Engineering a bit. If the item has an augment slot, you might consider using it on a companion with an augment, since this will probably improve your companion's stats enough to be worthwhile.

and get the recipes faster because I really want to start doing my crew skills more.

Apart from the GTN, you pick up Schemetics from your mission and gather skills randomly, if you have multiple alts save the Schemetics and post them to them. Have one alt learn slicing, this drops slightly more Schemetics than the others, just enough to be noticable. If you have multiple copies of Schemetics, sell the extra's on GTN, to raise money to buy more Schemetics.