The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

CD-33 Blaster Rifle Glitch.

jacobmillen

I was recently given a CD-33 Blaster Rifle, courtesy of my Guild Master. When I load my energy cell into the rifle it appears in front and above the rifle, and when it fires the blaster bolts generate from the end of the cell, not the barrel of the weapon. I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this problem and if/when the issue will be patched in maintenance.

Cheers.

On my Sniper, I noticed when I use basic attack, the bolts are firing from about 5 feet from the barrel itself and the proc for Followthrough is around the barrel but there is a red dot a little distance from the barrel. Depending on the angle, this actually looks like the dot is actually positioned vertically misaligned with the barrel. when I go into cover, the dot will get repositioned along with the barrel (that is to say - barrel pointing up, the dot will disappear (almost like a laser targeting attachment).

Also to note, I tried Suppressive fire with this blaster rifle and the muzzle flash is 5 feet from the barrel itself. Its almost like the barrel has an additional 5 feet of invisible section.

While this is not game breaking, it is slightly disappointing. after a series of farcical blaster rifle models, this one looked like it'll set a new trend (Rifle of the Skyraiders/ Nova Carbine on Vanguards).

Hope you guys can have this looked at once your priority list is whittled down.

well there are about 8 topics about this issue already, but sure, keep spamming new ones, because it seems like noone from QA looked at bugs since last patch.. and the "known bugs" were last updated 22 days ago..

This last cartel pack was just a pack of bugs:

1. Blaster Rifle model broken (shoots from 1 meter forward and 20 cm above the actual end of the barrel)

2. Assault Cannon is so big it actually clips through whole shoulder and back on any character other than female body 1

3. Mandalore's helmet lacks voice modulation

4. Mandalore's set lacks dye slots (might be intended)

5. Sion's (and few similar armors) chest piece is causing a graphical glitch, where revealed skin is WAY lighter than the rest of your skin color

6. Meirm speeders have really annoying mount/dismount sound (I mean, double horn, really?)

7. Trench Coat (at least on female body 2) have a "holes" under breasts if you look from the side

8. Gladiator chest's coloring is different from dyed parts of other armors, making you look you mixmatch 2 different shades of the color (aka basic orange on it is way different from "unified" orange on the rest of your armor - same happens if you dye chest)

And what gets me especially mad - sentinel legacy armor (lvl 20 legacy) that costs over a million credits to buy is clipping with itself since DAY ONE and it haven't been fixed since. (also would be nice to make legacy armors adaptive, since they already have class restriction, and this way you can't use sentinel set on guardian -at least not if you ever want to tank- since it's marked as medium)