The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bug: PT/VG Plasma Cell/CGC DoT working as intended?

easeyway

When I use my Rapid Shot/Hammer Shot ranged ability, the DoT will only get applied if the target doesn't already have it on. That means we cannot refresh the DoT via Rapid Shots/Hammer Shots.

This is not in the description, so I'm guessing this must be a bug.

Any recognition of the issue would be greatly appreciated.

When I use my Rapid Shot/Hammer Shot ranged ability, the DoT will only get applied if the target doesn't already have it on. That means we cannot refresh the DoT via Rapid Shots/Hammer Shots.

This is not in the description, so I'm guessing this must be a bug.

Any recognition of the issue would be greatly appreciated.

this is how it has always worked, and i don't know of anyone who thought it could be refreshed outside of HIB

that said, there's an internal 6s cooldown, where once you have applied the dot to a target, you cannot apply the dot for 6s, even to another target.

i suspect this was done so that you didn't refresh a dot that was already applied, but it's a bit frustrating for my commando who used to use hail of bolts all the time because it certainly appeared like it could apply the dot to multiple targets, but unfortunately does not.

Edited by oaceen

this is how it has always worked, and i don't know of anyone who thought it could be refreshed outside of HIB

This is simply not true.

Multiple DoTs can be ran at the same time with abilities like Flame Burst and Missile Blast (if specced). Reapplication also works (Missile Blast, however, can only do this every 6 seconds, but this is stated in the tooltip).

If this is working as intended, the tooltip of CGC/Plasma Cell needs to be readjusted from: "Giving all your rifle attacks a 25% chance to deal additional elemental damage over 6 seconds." to "Giving all your rifle attacks a 25% chance to deal additional elemental damage over 6 seconds. This can only happen every 6 seconds".

EDIT: In the case of VG, the wording "rifle attack" is misleading too. I take it means ranged attacks, which are stated in the abilities tab.

Edited by easeyway