The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Defecting

onedarkassassin

hello me and a lot of people would like the option of Defecting to republic or empire and i don't mean like a faction change. i mean to Defect much like in a quest i had he asked me to join the republic but did not have the option to say yes. i mean it would add a lot more meaning to the light and dark choice's say if you had high tire light or dark you could defect. i would really like to add that to the game plus the game would be more in depth . and in my opinion a better game.

This would require an entire rewrite of the game, so that the class can switch sides, otherwise it's just an option to say yes in some dialogue that's then ignored. To allow defections you would need to change the engine, re-record the voice acting, and alter quest lines including comp quests. This is in essence a complete rewrite, which would cost far more than EA would want for an update or even an expansion.

hello me and a lot of people would like the option of Defecting to republic or empire and i don't mean like a faction change. i mean to Defect much like in a quest i had he asked me to join the republic but did not have the option to say yes. i mean it would add a lot more meaning to the light and dark choice's say if you had high tire light or dark you could defect. i would really like to add that to the game plus the game would be more in depth . and in my opinion a better game.

Not going to happen. Too many quest flags and companion affection make it really diffcult to do any form of defection. Also the animations would be an issue as well. In the end too much work for a small amount of players.

Would be nice, you reach Dark 5 or Light 5 Alignment and maybe some kind of legacy level (maybe 50, give you something to work for?)

Once you reach those two, EA can cash in or make you do a relatively long questline that only a level 55 can do (so again, EA make sure you've bought into the expansion)... and of course, you've finished not only your class mission, but your makeb + Ilum lines as well.

This way, when they bring out new content - they can include the lines for any defectors into the mix... I just hope those defectors get to keep their animations (so a Sith Assassin gets to keep lightning and their tree etc)... the major difference would be they'd now be working for the other side.

It'd take a major patch though, as all heroics that can be repeated on all planets, would need some minor dialog additions for the 8 new varients... and the voice stuff is/was the most expensive part of this particular game.

Either way - I support defecting.