The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Darkness (Kinetic) / Decpetion Ability

Esproc

Using the Sith Inquisitor Assassin, but Shadow Kinetic is a mirror.

Three trees per Advanced Class with eight "tiers" of abilities to choose from.

DARKNESS Tree [DEFENSE]

Tier One:

CHARGE MASTERY: [passive]

Increases melee and Force Accuracy by 63% and improves the effect of your lightsaber charges while active:

LIGHTNING CHARGE: Increases the critical hit chance of Lightning Charge by 45%.

DARK CHARGE: Increases internal and elemental damage reduction by 9%.

SURGING CHARGE: Increases your armor penetration by 9%.

(This could have gone into any tree, but was thrown in Darkness [tank] Tree).

Tier One:

THRASHING BLADES: [passive]

Increases damage dealt by Thrash, Lacerate, and Volcanic Slash (VOLCANIC SLASH IS TIER 8 DECEPTION TREE ONLY ) by 3%, 6%.

(This by definition of the tier 8 Deception Ability Volcanic Slash should not be in Darkness Tree, but in the Deception Tree).

DECEPTION Tree [DAMAGE]

Tier 2

INSULATION: [passive]

Increases your ARMOR RATING by 15%, 30% while SURGING CHARGE or LIGHTNING CHARGE is active.

(This plus 15%, 30% Armor Rating ability is denied a tank [Darkness Tree] because it does not work with Dark Charge).

MADNESS Tree [Damage]

Tier 1

SITH DEFENSE:

Increases damage reduction by 2%.

(Just to add in something from Madness that is beneficial to all).

It seems very clear that the dps mechanics of Thrashing Blades, which only helps the Deception Tree fully, should not be placed in the Darkness Tree.

A better choice would have been to have the Deception Ability Insulation usable with Dark Charge and placed in the Darkness Tree.

You try to balance pvp, which the balance there is a lie, because people use a hybrid Darkness Tree and dps gear. The Darkness Tree that they use is all on tier one and benefits dps more so than it benefits the survivability of the tanks it's supposed to reflect.

After hitting 53 I can not bring myself to put in any more wasted effort increasing damage while a carrot hangs in front of my face, the Insulation Ability, promising better survivability while I get offered what? More chance at dps with a Dark Charge that reduces all my bonus damage done by 5%?

Edited by Esproc

• 3 weeks later...

So who is in charge of the Inquisitor/Assassin Development?

Are they aware of the issues of a DPS ONLY ability in the TANK tree while Omitting the Tank spec from and ARMOR INCREASE (tank spec) that is only usable by the dps in a dps tree?

If so I think that they should really look at this issue, and other issues, that make them look pretty stupid when they can't even show an understanding of the classes that they represent.

This is not an ea sports game, but was created by BioWare (R. I. P. April 2012) as a STORY BASED MMO.