Free Character Migration

AudacityComplex

This is pitiful. The fact that human beings can't take the slightest bit of obvious information and use it is by all means heart-breaking. If a server is full why do people consistently bother to join it. My queue to play yesterday was 56. Today it was 438! With all due respect this issue needs to be stopped now before it really becomes an issue. Therefore I feel the developers should take a page out of Blizzard's book and implement a free character migration. I will GLADLY take my character to a less populated server so I can play the game I paid for. I didn't pay some 70 or so odd dollars to sit in a queue for 30 minutes or longer waiting to play a game I will get kicked out of for going away for 2 minutes.

It's the first week of release and you're complaining about the wait. I paid $60 for a normal copy and an additional $160 for a sealed collectors edition. Obviously I spent more money than you so I should get in before you, is that what you're saying? Give them some time, after all they did give you 30 days free of game time.

Be patient young Jedi, alt-tab and play World of Warcraft while you wait your turn.

I'd happily move to a less crowded server, but I can see why others would join servers that were overpopulated in order to play with friends. I think the server issues will resolve as they continue to make changes just like every other mmorpg launch. It's a new game and will need time to work out the kinks.

I feel your pain. I have very limited time to play, being a full time student and working as well. I'm sitting in queue right now for the second time, because the first time around it said the server wasnt available when I finally got through the 300 people in front of me. Now I'm 277th again. *sigh*

I hate ques, but even with ques the planets I go on are populated from 30-60 and only twice did I see the population go over 100, but if that is what i am expierancing with my full server then I would hate to see a light populated one and to be honest it isn't that bad the ques are only about 5-15 minutes and I think I am lucky when that kind of thing happens.

Queues are a good sign. : ) After all, wouldn't you rather play on a populated server than one without anyone around?

...this is what youd call a "positive attitude" in a very very crappy situation. I agree population is good! but its also true that waiting an hour sucks BIGTIME. Yes this time will go down in a month or two, but im paying good money here.

I play on one of the lighter servers, and I frequently see people in the starting areas say they're re-rolling from (full server) because they're tired of the constant wait. I think it would be a smart idea to allow people to move established characters to a server that has less population than the one they play on, for a few days at least. This would allow the server populations to smooth out a bit, so you don't end up with a huge imbalance between the full and light servers. Better that the population correct itself a bit now, rather than possibly end up with some truly dead servers down the road. Edited by Xaliah

Hello everyone,

We know that a number of you wish to discuss server transfers and in order to keep the discussion together we ask that everyone use this thread. This will help to ensure our forums are tidy and everyone can participate in the ongoing conversation. We will be closing this thread, feel free to carry on there!