Imp faction progression

OnlyNameNotTaken

The Republic progression community is quite a bit more concentrated at present. Aisthesis and Underworld Alliance have absorbed the remnants of both of the previous competing guilds, as well as part of a third formerly-serious guild, so it seems like there's a lot less going on. Technically, Aisthesis isn't even doing story modes anymore: all of our groups are just farming hard modes instead. I would imagine UWA is in a similar position. Most of the Imp-side guilds have one (or maybe two) groups that are clearing HMs, whereas we have four.

With that said, it definitely seems like Imp-side progression has simply been a lot quieter than Rep-side, and it's really good to see the various guilds coming out of their shells!

I wouldn't say that is true - I know more than just you guys who are progressing NIM content. I can name 6 other guilds off the top of my head.

I wouldn't say that is true - I know more than just you guys who are progressing NIM content. I can name 6 other guilds off the top of my head.
Please name them and have them post their success on the progression thread!

People do check that out when they are considering server transfers to Ebon Hawk. and the more guilds that are doing current content then the more enticing our server might be for them. Currently, the thread shows only three pub guilds with NiM content kills. If guilds don't post their kills we can't keep an accurate list and guilds could be missing out on potential recruits.

Edited by Bombbuster

Please name them and have them post their success on the progression thread!

People do check that out when they are considering server transfers to Ebon Hawk. and the more guilds that are doing current content then the more enticing our server might be for them. Currently, the thread shows only three pub guilds with NiM content kills. If guilds don't post their kills we can't keep an accurate list and guilds could be missing out on potential recruits.

We don't post because CI made fun of us.

I think it's great that this list exists and much respect of you for maintaining it and participating in it.

I just wanted to point out that there are a several groups running this content that don't meet the standards of the list (i.e. not all in one guild). TBH, I can't remember the last imp-side NiM run I was part of that was made up entirely of toons in the same guild. Guild-based progression is nice to track, but it shouldn't be taken as representative of activity on the server. Personally, in addition to the guilds in my signature below, I have toons in another 6 small RP guilds - but most of those toons are in full 72s/partial 75s and are regularly involved in HM/NiM progression with other groups.

The list is designed as it is and the rules are the rules. I don't think they should change (they're well-thought out and very fair), but anyone viewing that listing to gather an idea of what the server is doing is getting a very distorted picture. It's unfortunate that it's one of the most visible representations of server progression, simply because of how much it's unable to account for. To reiterate, I don't think there's any change that could be made to the operation/design/management of the list or any similar list that would successfully account for those aspects of server activity. It's just the nature of an RP server: guild loyalties tend to be toon-bound for RPers and it's impossible to track the random agglomerations of good players that are capable of NiM content.

We don't post because CI made fun of us.

<Calamitous Intent> vehemently denies these blatantly false and slanderous accusations!*

It's true though, a lot of HM and even NiM activity on imp side is done with mixed groups, since a lot of players are attached to non PvE heavy RP guilds, prefer being unguilded, tiny guilds, etc. I think imperial side has a good raiding atmosphere, though it is very disjointed compared to the mega guild monopoly on pub side (Super jealous of the ability to field like 5 raid teams).

Obligatory Rakata of niceness that is clear proof of the kindness and good will of <CI>: :rak_angelic:

*<CI> admits that there may or may not have been occasions where we may have maybe acted perhaps sort of like turds. Maybe.

It's true though, a lot of HM and even NiM activity on imp side is done with mixed groups, since a lot of players are attached to non PvE heavy RP guilds, prefer being unguilded, tiny guilds, etc. I think imperial side has a good raiding atmosphere, though it is very disjointed compared to the mega guild monopoly on pub side (Super jealous of the ability to field like 5 raid teams).

Good glory, it's so much work! A'jantis almost has to treat it like a full-time job, since all of the raid groups are assigned and scheduled (not sign-up), meaning that she has to keep track of everyone's schedules, everyone's foibles and personality conflicts, everyone's gear and everyone's skill. It's always in motion too. I can't think of a single week in the last few months where there hasn't been someone out of town for one reason or another.

In some sense, it's really so much easier if all you are is an 8 man guild (like <Wrath> was). Ultimately, that's a self-defeating strategy, since you run out of people and reputation, but it certainly cuts down on the effort involved.

Then again, if you really enjoy raiding six days a week and pushing Nightmare content with four of your characters simultaneously, it might not be a bad strategy for your guild! :-)

Hi! So I am looking for a group to do NiM content with. My main is an operative healer I'm full 72's with purple augments and I know how to play my class as well as min-maxing my stats. I do not however, want to leave my current guild. So if you are okay with bringing in an out of guild healer whisper Sintorum imp side :D or send an in-game mail as I zone out when I'm not doing stuff ;) and as for my expierence, I've cleared HM TFB and SnV Edited by Rowdieranger
Left something out