The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Upcoming Darth Sion set - please adjust or remove shoulder pad.

This armor is terrible, .... Darth Sion is one of the better lore characters and they don't even use what they have.

First, the shoulder path.... WoW?!! It look horrible big, rather have the one of FU is really necessary, still the KoToR2 look was way better.

Secondly, arm and leg wraps, where did you get that idea? it look .... weird

Please redesign this armor set, it's to bad to let it go to waste... even prices on the GTS are low for this armor set which shows it not very popular

What do you expect? This set, and Mandalore's, will be dropping out of every cartel pack like Carth's or Malak's.

Eh, I'd say half as small.

Seems to be this strange thing that male characters absolutely must have massive shoulder pads when the get them. Masculinity thing?

If the shoulderpads get any bigger they better have wheels, engine, and function as a speeder.

Edited by Karkais

For females I think it's just about perfect; for males the pauldron is way too large (yet again).

The wrapping around the waist is pretty similar to the cumberbund worn by Sion in KotOR and The Force Unleashed DLC. Therefore, I think, it's not something they should change, as some have suggested.

The shoulderpad, as said before, is another issue.

Despite still liking it for the female, it seems to be somewhat 'floating'. There's the part that attaches it to the body, but the rest of it seems to float off into space, is if it's a balloon filled with helium.

Together with making it smaller, perhaps even for females, I'd suggest they make a version (reverse engineer the present model) where the entire shoulderpad actually touches the shoulder and upper arm, like it's a piece of upper arm armour. More like in the original version on which it's based, from The Force Unleashed DLC, like in this picture (not some statuette that seems to have a similar issue as this game's model):

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Sion?file=Sion_TFU.jpg

This is a Star Wars MMO, after all, and not some other fantasy MMO where they love shoulder pads as big as wings that could actually carry you.

They also announced recently, and acted accordingly, that they'd be making shoulder pads smaller, after getting loads of complaints about the sizes, so it's a bit beyond me why they made this one so big, AGAIN... Looks like they need new base character models to work from.

(Not including the Huttball gear in this, because, in my opinion, those are supposed to look like some American Football gear in Star Wars disguise)

For females I think it's just about perfect; for males the pauldron is way too large (yet again).

The wrapping around the waist is pretty similar to the cumberbund worn by Sion in KotOR and The Force Unleashed DLC. Therefore, I think, it's not something they should change, as some have suggested.

The shoulderpad, as said before, is another issue.

Despite still liking it for the female, it seems to be somewhat 'floating'. There's the part that attaches it to the body, but the rest of it seems to float off into space, is if it's a balloon filled with helium.

Together with making it smaller, perhaps even for females, I'd suggest they make a version (reverse engineer the present model) where the entire shoulderpad actually touches the shoulder and upper arm, like it's a piece of upper arm armour. More like in the original version on which it's based, from The Force Unleashed DLC, like in this picture (not some statuette that seems to have a similar issue as this game's model):

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Sion?file=Sion_TFU.jpg

This is a Star Wars MMO, after all, and not some other fantasy MMO where they love shoulder pads as big as wings that could actually carry you.

They also announced recently, and acted accordingly, that they'd be making shoulder pads smaller, after getting loads of complaints about the sizes, so it's a bit beyond me why they made this one so big, AGAIN... Looks like they need new base character models to work from.

(Not including the Huttball gear in this, because, in my opinion, those are supposed to look like some American Football gear in Star Wars disguise)

The shoulderpad forms to your body when you have your weapons drawn. This is not an issue.

the shoulder Pad one body type 3 looks so dame ridiculouse cause its FREAKING HUGE!!!

I mean really, i dont know what they have against Body type 3 but in this Pack they really declared a war against anyone using that Bodytype.

I have been waiting for this set a LONG time but the set they released sucks a lot, just cant use it with that "Bag" lookin shoulder pad...

The shoulderpad forms to your body when you have your weapons drawn. This is not an issue.

With all due respect, it doesn't form to your body. You may want to look more closely.

True, when you've drawn your weapons, the position of the arms makes it look a bit that way, but the shoulder pads are still not touching the skin, but on a stem, like a mushroom.

What'd be better, would be one that's skintight, so to speak, as are bracers in general, and the wrapping around the right arm of the Sion chestpiece. But, if necessary, I'd settle for a smaller shoulderpad as the only solution, because the size is the main issue.

With all due respect, it doesn't form to your body. You may want to look more closely.

True, when you've drawn your weapons, the position of the arms makes it look a bit that way, but the shoulder pads are still not touching the skin, but on a stem, like a mushroom.

What'd be better, would be one that's skintight, so to speak, as are bracers in general, and the wrapping around the right arm of the Sion chestpiece. But, if necessary, I'd settle for a smaller shoulderpad as the only solution, because the size is the main issue.

It does on my sentinel. I have provided screenshots earlier in this thread.