PvP system model for your consideration

LordHartigan

A lot has been made of where PvP is going in this game. is it worth it? Is it balanced? Is it fun? Does it fit? etc. etc. I, for one, enjoy most of the varous warzones as a singluar experience, but I honestly don't participate much mainly because there isn't any point unless you just like PvP for PvP's sake. It doesn't effect the galaxy at large as there's no open world PvP to speak of. There's better gear rewards through PvE and there's no sense of competitivness outside of a singular instance as there's no long running ranking system. I think I have a solution to all of this that I really hope you will consider.

This game in the context of the universe it is set and having just two factions to deal with seems set up perfectly for galaxy wide form of conquest PvP;

Start with implementing control points to fight over on the various planets. Controlling these 'fortification' points would reward benefits to the controlling faction. I'm thinking some type of temporary buff (xp buff, increased defense, damge, etc.)

Specifically these fortifactions would be armed/defended with more than just players. They would be defended similarily to the faction controlled areas on planets where the entrances are guarded by turrents and champion NPCs once control is actially achieved. Capturing them would not be as simple as just channeling a specific object to make the fortifcation yours. It would need to be 'built' so to speak. How? you ask. That's where the current warzones come into play. I find most of them fun, I just don't see a reason to do them for the above stated reasons. I would use the instanced warzones as a means of generating resources to be used to build the various components of the planet fortifcations. Whichever side wins the warzone would have their faction awarded, server wide, these resources to be used on building the fortification defenses.

Just and idea, but I think it would draw people back into PvP and tie into the game proper and makes sense in the context of the Star Wars universe.

The best PvP, is PvP for the sake of PvP. If you need the carrot on a stick then you aren't a lover of PvP.

That said, I've often loved open world objectives that have no "protection" thus in your down time they can be captured...case in point...GW2 mists...which unfortunately is the best optionf or this we have...I say unfortunately as it isn't open world and the capturables aren't anywhere that matter.

Also, if you want open world PvP objectives you need forced removal of companions and no repair bill attached to being flagged for pvp.

The best PvP, is PvP for the sake of PvP. If you need the carrot on a stick then you aren't a lover of PvP.

That said, I've often loved open world objectives that have no "protection" thus in your down time they can be captured...case in point...GW2 mists...which unfortunately is the best optionf or this we have...I say unfortunately as it isn't open world and the capturables aren't anywhere that matter.

Also, if you want open world PvP objectives you need forced removal of companions and no repair bill attached to being flagged for pvp.

I'm open to suggestions, but let's not state opinions as if they're facts cause none of the above are. I see no need why comps would have to go away or why armor shouldn't take damage in this instance.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.