The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New mercenary contracts, treek was just the beginning?

Rhalius

Judging by the vendor for treek, I'd assume that more mercenary contracts will be added to it later on?

Here's a few ideas for additional companions to be bought this way:

-Young grey jedi man.

Left the jedi order as a kid during the siege of coruscant, joins your party with just a vibroblade.

You can provide him with a lightsaber and can affect his morality. Make him good or evil. This provides a force user for all classes, and the very first male jedi companion in the entire game.

Jedi and sith classes can take him on as apprentice or padawan and turn him into a jedi or sith. Under other classes he could become a dark jedi or remain a grey jedi since he cant be trained that way by those classes.

Wouldnt affect his abilities at all though, just a bit of dialogue.

He wields a single saber and functions the same as a jedi guardian/sith warrior but provides some healing as well.

-Gammorean with an axe.

A big dumb stupid gammorean who is a very powerfull tank.

His stupidity is what provides humor in dialogue, he'd feel insulted by slight things and might not see the danger in some situations. Its a bit of a throwback to the humorous gammoreans in KOTOR.

-Nautolan space pirate girl.

She's all about charm, riches and taking what she wants without asking.

Functions pretty much as a gunslinger, delivering great DPS damage.

• 2 months later...

Hah, I made a thread about something similar to this the moment Treek came out, saying that it would be awesome to see those droids being used for more future companions.

Establish them as a representatives/contact persons for all those looking to put together mercenary crew. :cool:

Also... I too would instantly buy all those merc contracts from your example!

Edited by Callaron

-Gammorean with an axe.

A big dumb stupid gammorean who is a very powerfull tank.

His stupidity is what provides humor in dialogue, he'd feel insulted by slight things and might not see the danger in some situations. Its a bit of a throwback to the humorous gammoreans in KOTOR.

/love to have

My friend, you have some fine ideas for companions. I would absolutely love that Gamorrean tank fighting alongside my bounty hunter. Got a few ideas myself, first one being expanding a bit on the Gamorrean.

Ugmush: Gamorrean Gladiator (Melee Tank). Comes with a modable set of traditional Gamorrean heavy armor and a moddable axe and shield.

Likes: Displays of strength and authority, personal honor, battling a worthy foe, credits, killing Hutts and their lackies.

Dislikes: Outright bullying, cowardice, working for free, letting Hutts live.

Keenok: Rodian Bounty Hunter (Ranged DPS) Comes with a modable set of heavy armor, blaster rifle and generator.

Likes: Credits, killing bad people, following the Bounty Hunter's Creed, professionalism.

Dislikes: Stupid people, unprofessional people, self-righteous people, pointless cruelty, Kaleesh.

Grillo Bull: Aqualish Pirate (Ranged DPS/Healer) Comes with a moddable set of medium armor, two blaster pistols.

Likes: Credits, the concept of 'Might makes right', taking what you want, killing pathetic people.

Dislikes: Mercy, limiting yourself, the law, the Jedi.

I'd take a big dumb Gamorrean brute to replace my big dumb Skadge in an instant! I'd also love a Nautolan female and a human Gray Jedi companion! While we're on the subject, can we make Treek gain and lose affection in pre-55 conversations, please? I'd probably use her more if I could. Same would go for all other future companions too, of course.