Bounty Hunting for Jedi...

dogmaticus

So, as tomorrow we will be able to take on bounty hunting assignments (which is totally awesome, and reminds me slightly of the old SWG days), I was thinking - how can we justify (lore-wise) picking up such mission by a Jedi? I am leveling a Sage, and quite honestly am having hard time justifying the fact of Sage hunting someone down for money..

Any ideas?

I am leveling a Sage, and quite honestly am having hard time justifying the fact of Sage hunting someone down for money..

Any ideas?

You've been doing nothing else in this game the entire time. All quests in the game involve killing something or someone with money and items being the reward.

Besides, you have the option of bringing in all bounties alive. Think of yourself as a Republic agent or something hunting down criminals.

Edited by BenKatarn

Money? You're bringing enemies of the Republic to justice and doing your duty as a member of the Order. The money's just something that happens in the background because SOMEONE decided to let the Hutts play law enforcement

Money? You're bringing enemies of the Republic to justice and doing your duty as a member of the Order. The money's just something that happens in the background because SOMEONE decided to let the Hutts play law enforcement

Exactly - most of the things my Jedi is doing - are done not because of rewards (often, since he's a light Jedi, when it's possible I refuse a reward). Obviously this is an MMO game - so all in all we do everything for fun, not because we are members of some ancient order, but this is a lore section, and I'm playing on RP server, so while getting into the role of my Jedi, I would like to understand his motives to hunt down people (it doesn't matter in a long run if he brings them alive or not - the question is - why would he go after them?).